Discussion Should we have 1 day lock in period instead of 0 day lock in period?

Shall we move to 1 day lock-in from 0 day lock-in period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The DPO should deduct 1 day's charge as soon as the channel is subscribed to and even if it is unsubscribed after 10 seconds the charge should not be refunded. If the person re-subscribes after unsubscribing before midnight of same day he shouldn't be charged again.
Yeah.. this would be the best thing to do.
Both sides will be happy then.

If Service provider is not having problem in providing 0 day lock in period then why I would have a problem.

I have seen the day when we had 30 days lock in period. This is the only good thing after New trai rule & i am no lakhpati that I would advocate removal of 0 day lock in.

If Service provider is not having problem in providing 0 day lock in period then why I would have a problem.

I have seen the day when we had 30 days lock in period. This is the only good thing after New trai rule & i am no lakhpati that I would advocate removal of 0 day lock in.
What's wrong with 1 day lock in where you get charged for the day you subscribed for?

What's wrong with 1 day lock in where you get charged for the day you subscribed for?
But I don't have any problem with 0 day lock in & it's not like I would get ad free broadcast after paying broadcaster, Broadcasters are no fool they must be earning profits even with this 0 day lock in.

I am a Consumer & if I am getting a good deal with 0 day lock in then why I would vote against it.

But I don't have any problem with 0 day lock in & it's not like I would get ad free broadcast after paying broadcaster, Broadcasters are no fool they must be earning profits even with this 0 day lock in.

I am a Consumer & if I am getting a good deal with 0 day lock in then why I would vote against it.
Because it's wrong.

And about the ads thing. BCCI has ads all over the stadium than they charge ridiculous high price for both cricket tickets and rights. Don't see anyone boycott here. Same applies for movie theatres who charges money for both tickets and shows ads before and during interval. Even food is expensive.

0 day lock-in is not a loophole. Obviously Broadcasters and Operators have much more matured minds (at least some), who would have well thought of this situation before implementation. A lock-in period is not a new term to both. Hence, I feel this will still continue. We all know that consumers misused many loopholes in the system even before the new TRAI regime came into force.

A business is such. You either have to plug-in the loopholes, or allow them to exist for a small section of subscribers, in the interest of the larger amount of consumers who will not misuse / game / cheat / abuse the system.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock