"Showcase 3D" Added on Tatasky @ LCN 284

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 63
  • Views: Views 10,914
Status
Not open for further replies.
3D quality is good with good depth. AQ is Dolby Digital with good fidelity.

3D movies are shown in double views (side by side) in normal televisions. Is there any trick to watch them in single view like other normal HD channels? I want to know is it technically possible so that we can expect Tata Sky to release an updated firmware to see 3D movies normally in general TVs?

Question 2: How to know how many Showcase movies we have ordered in our Annual Mega plan subscription period?

shiwesh said:
Is it in true HD picture quality?

Well, the picture is true 16:9 HD but in my opinion a bit on the softer side compared with other normal HD channels.

today my stb was updated with a new software in the early morning and the 3d show case channel is awesome i have watched one complete disney movie from 10:00 11:30. its very good experience the deepth is better with tru HD picture quality and AQ quality is also fair final there is a tatasky mark .

DTH Fan said:
3D movies are shown in double views (side by side) in normal televisions. Is there any trick to watch them in single view like other normal HD channels? I want to know is it technically possible so that we can expect Tata Sky to release an updated firmware to see 3D movies normally in general TVs?

Question 2: How to know how many Showcase movies we have ordered in our Annual Mega plan subscription period?

I would like to comment from my experience with 3D Blu Ray DVDs.
If you see, they come as single screen picture but blurred if in 3D mode. Now if you put your TV in 2D mode (that should be as good as 2D normal TV's)., picture appears normal HD. I take this analogy and just say that I do not do anything in my DVD player to change from 3D to 2D mode to remove blur picture. Hence Tata Sky should also be able to send a feed like Blu Ray DVD and from TV I should be able to choose to view in 3D or in 2D.

However, if the picture is of split type 3D, then as it happens with let us say D2D 3D channel, in 2D tv or in 3D tv both the picture appears split unless you put your tv in side by side mode (and even with 3D glasses obviously in 2D tv picture will still apear split.

shiwesh said:
I would like to comment from my experience with 3D Blu Ray DVDs.
If you see, they come as single screen picture but blurred if in 3D mode. Now if you put your TV in 2D mode (that should be as good as 2D normal

You are completely wrong. First you need to understand about 3d. Its consist of two images each one for each eye. No one will telecast blurred image. It doesnt work in that way. Only Anaglyph 3d its possible with single image. According to my knowledge there are half SBS, Full SBS, top/bottom. So it is the only way you can enjoy 3d movies. and you should have 3dtv which have option to select 3d. youtube is different in these cases. i am talking abot bluray disc and tv broadcasting.

There is no way if you play a 3d movie in 2d tv its gonna be 2d movie. Do you know you cant even play 3d bluray disc with 2d tv. picture wont come. Even if you want to watch 3d movies in 2d mode you need to have 3dtv , where there is a option to select to watch in 2d mode. You cant watch 3d movie in 2d with normal 2dtv.

Experts pls comment abt the quality of 3d offerd by tata sky. is it active 3d or passive. which is better d2h 3d or tata sky 3d? why ts is saying that they r launching 3d first time in india, as we all know d2h is 1st dth to launch 3d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock