3. bookmyshow
4. digital
5. gtpl haathway den

tv18
1. news18
2. A+E tv18
3. etpl tv18
4. sun18
5. india cast ( 50:50 JV with viacom18 )
Sun 18 ( Sun TV network ) ?
They already left from Viacom and now Indiacast Distributing Network 18 and Turner channels

So if deal happens then what will be the new name, Sonycom 18?? 😂
Or I think keep it simple maximum u should do is keep it Sony 18.or don't do anything with the name leave it as it is
Viacomcbs took long time to give nod for something in merge. So have to what might have happened.

Sun 18 ( Sun TV network ) ?
They already left from Viacom and now Indiacast Distributing Network 18 and Turner channels
Sun18 is still there although it has ended in paper . India cast is JV of tv18 and viacom18

Zee needs international players support to stay in game....zee should think about comcast-zee merger

Btw is there any possibility that sony should have to sell some assets of network18/viacom18 to get permission from govt....as i still remember during disney-fox merger disney sold many assets of fox

Sony has always treated IPL as an entertainment property and not as a sports property. I remember an interview of NP Singh where he reiterated this and he noted that Sony played a vital role in making cricket penetrate beyond male audience. It might have been due to non availability of an exclusive sports channel for Sony during ipl's launch.
The 2nd IPL season the seasons thereafter especially 3rd One is amazing. Gaurav Kapur literally made even the Pre Match and Mid Match Talks Entertaining
Still missing Gaurav Kapur and Samir Kochhar, Shibani Dandekar and Archana Vijaya. Those were the glory days of the IPL. Not talking about the eye candy/hot girls but the match presentation was more interesting, especially the theme songs. A new song every year was the speciality of Sony and this hasn't been emulated by Star.

On a side note, the IPL itself has become more monotonous and it is practically guaranteed now that Mumbai Indians will win in any odd-numbered year. This franchise does not get as much attention as Jio Platforms and other properties of Reliance, but it has immense brand value for Reliance.

Last edited:
Btw is there any possibility that sony should have to sell some assets of network18/viacom18 to get permission from govt....as i still remember during disney-fox merger disney sold many assets of fox
I don't think so as 21st Century Fox was a international company & it has different assets including Film & TV studios as well as international assets on the other hand Sony India a subsidiary of Sony Japan is acquiring V18 in which news channels is not included.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock