Breaking Sony is planning to expand their regional channels soon

Manorama is not like ETV. It will happily sell Mazhavil Manorama. I don't know about Manorama News.
Manorama group maynot, but Flowers will definitely, Gokulam will happily do it if they get a good sum.

If SONY Corporation wants to invest big, they can even make a bid on SUN Group.

While channel count increases quality decreases(compared to other south languages the market is small).Including Zee now 5 mainstream channels, its enough. But I wish their arrival through acquisitions. Flowers-Viacom, Sony-Mazhavil.
No chance

Manorama group maynot, but Flowers will definitely, Gokulam will happily do it if they get a good sum.

Gokulam?

All are assumptions.its sure that nothing going to happen both Flowers, Mazhavil for atleast 5 years. Because first of all both are running well, with quality neck to biggies.
One of the major factors for Sreekandanair (MD of Flowers) left Asianet is its acquisition by Star. He started flowers for independent journalism.So In his period he don't let Flowers to sell corporate networks.
And Mazhavil manorama had a strong money backup of manorama group,no financial crisis and sometimes doing bigger than Asianet etc. So as of now no chances for selling.
Sony acquires Sun also not happen.
The above said acquisitions are beneficial for both teams as well as viewers but not possible unless any special situation occurs(something like Fox decides to sell assets to Disney suddenly)

Last edited:
Acquisitions left aside, I really wish Sony and Colors to come to Malayalam.
Sony may look at Malayalam only after the other 3 bigger south markets.

Acquisitions left aside, I really wish Sony and Colors to come to Malayalam.
Sony may look at Malayalam only after the other 3 bigger south markets.
I think Sony next to enter on Kannada then Tamil following viacom.

No chance for Sony Kannada, next Sony Tamil only...they have licence for Sab Tamil.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock