Sony owes apology to Indian fans for the terrible coverage of Tokyo Olympics

They got 3 years to hire experienced producers. Don't tell me someone with experience wasn't available for hire. Meanwhile Sony along with Ten Sports team have aired atheletic events like Commonwealth Games in the past.
Nothing to produce. The feed to every broadcaster given by OBC.

Sony just can not decide what to show when since almost 40-50 events happened at the same times.
DD is better with this.

Nothing to produce. The feed to every broadcaster given by OBC.

Sony just can not decide what to show when since almost 40-50 events happened at the same times.
DD is better with this.
I said to do online polls to have idea. What audience wants to watch?

They are failing in that front. It's like they don't even watch the matches themselves. They take the feed off at crucial times.

sometimes number of channel not matters intention matter most.
sony have 5 channels still show only 2 diffrent events on the other hand bein sports 13 channel show 13 diffrent Olympics sports. hope one day mib give permission bein sports on indian television.

banQ6oj.png
Here in Singapore, the public broadcaster Mediacorp has set up 14 channels exclusively for the Olympics. They can be watched completely free online.

Before this week we were always praising Sony for its coverage of multiple sports when Star Sports showed only cricket. But the Tokyo Olympics has brought out the worst in SPSN. Even the much-maligned Sony Max looks good compared to the SPSN sh*tshow. Not that Star Sports is any better!
To be frank... They didn't have any planning going into the event whatsoever.. Even the 2018 Commonwealth coverage was so better than this sh#t show... Today morning I was searching for Tennis fixtures, not able to find any... Not even on Sony Liv.. I stopped searching after 1 set, some how after that that match was broadcasted it seems. No sense of ownership at all.. They were probably spared... If any of the Indian Cricket fixtures intruded with this... It would have been even worse...

Even 50 channels can not telecast all the events of Olympic but telecasting in less than 10-15 channels are doing injustice to this event.

I said to do online polls to have idea. What audience wants to watch?

They are failing in that front. It's like they don't even watch the matches themselves. They take the feed off at crucial times.
Sony did great with Euro, they did great with FIFA, they did great with Commonwealth Games but Olympics man they are confused what to air like anything? They should completely shut all WWE and others and should air Tokyo Olympics all day on Ten 1 , Ten 2 and Indian Events irrespective of any thing on Ten 3. Six should showcase Classical events like Tennis Basketball. If Indian events clash they should be available atleast on SonyLiv

Even 50 channels can not telecast all the events of Olympic but telecasting in less than 10-15 channels are doing injustice to this event.
Dude, till date only 2 channels exception of Rio Olympics where 4 channels were available aired Olympics in India. They did justice to events by showing events for a longer period. Didn't aired ads inbetween or switched feed at crucial points.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock