Good News Sony retains England Cricket Media Rights for Indian subcontinent for the next 6 years

This statement is self explanatory !!!

With this all India games in Australia, the Ashes series and the Big Bash League will be beamed, from next season, on Star, which recently retained the television rights of the highly lucrative IPL. It is also bidding for the ICC rights

Its imperative that Ashes played in Australia will be beamed by Star. Not everything.. It's very self explanatory that Cricket Australia will have rights for the matches they are hosting right? They won't have something that England is hosting..

Just for more clarification,even in England, which is involved in Ashes, Ashes played in England will be broadcasted by Sky and ASHES played in Australia are beamed by BT sport.

Star in hungry after loosing Big property IPL Streaming Rights, still they are searching Alternative of IPL.
If they get ICC rights then they will be set for next cycle as Every year they will have an ICC event around the same window which results in Subscriptions for them... Just, they will try to get some in demand Leagues and even other Sub continent countries rights once Hotstar is gonna launch there, which will offset whatever IPL will cost them.

I thought earlier ECB media Rights Sony will Retain, but later I guessed Sony won't Retain Rights because recently England lost so many matches in home.

what is Sports18 doing? They don't have at least one cricket property. forget about the Major Cricket Property, they don't have atleast1 bilateral series rights. They bought IPL only for digital. and if ECB rights are already sold as per the above tweet (But I won't believe in this KSR guy), they only BCCI and ICC rights are left out(I'm sure star will buy them at any cost)

what is Sports18 doing? They don't have at least one cricket property. forget about the Major Cricket Property, they don't have atleast1 bilateral series rights. They bought IPL only for digital. and if ECB rights are already sold as per the above tweet (But I won't believe in this KSR guy), they only BCCI and ICC rights are left out(I'm sure star will buy them at any cost)
Viacom18 Strategic investment partner not interested, he already mentioned meaningless bilateral series.

Viacom18 Strategic investment partner not interested, he already mentioned meaningless bilateral series.
if they think they can ignore other country rights except BCCI and ICC, I'm sure they will be left out without any cricketing properties. Because at any cost, Star won't let go BCCI and ICC. they will surely grab those

Sony Sports has reportedly extended its broadcast deal with England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) for another six years for the subcontinent market. Sony’s deal will also include The Hundred, ECB’s franchise tournament.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock