Breaking Sony to revamp its Sports Network and to rename TEN Channels as Sony TEN

• Thread starter Thread starter Shantanu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 505
  • Views Views: Views 102,997
Status
Not open for further replies.
A tamil sports channel from sony is something more to ask..
Sony doesn't even have a regional GEC Channel. just not in tamil, but not in any regional language..

so chances are 0.01% for a Sports Tamil Channel from SPN
Except Sony Aath, a 24×7 bengali entertainment channel, which telecast dubbed show from Sony in begali & some local made animation shows.

Last edited:
ok.. i read the article. the article says Sony KIX is rebranded as Sony ESPN. doesn't mean other sports channels should be named as Sony ESPN. and if u remember Sony KIX was a nt that a great channel and was particularly offering only football feeds if i remember correct. So sony decided to rebrand that channel as Sony ESPN. No wonder in that.

"here it's already mentioned that both companies says all new channels will be cobranded as sony espn". also i didn't see the 50% deal b/w SPN's Sports ARM. i didn't read anything like this on that article.

50% deal is correct in the case of Sony ESPN. Sony has 50% Stake & ESPN Inc has the other 50%.

And the TEN Channel deal was purely between Sony and Zee network.. How a third person can come and say he want his name for the product.

anyway let's wait for the day Sony rebrand the channels.
After Sony bought the TEN channels from ZEE, ZEE has no business with what Sony does with TEN channels. So they are completely out of the picture. Now let's come to Sony and ESPN. Both have equal stake in the sports arm of SPNI. Just take the example of the Sony's sports website ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports You will mostly see the Sony ESPN logo there. The older website http://sonysix.com has been shutdown. So if the deal was only for running 1 channel i.e. SonyESPN, then sonysix.com would still be running. Similar logo can be seen in the ESPN india app.
ESPN is a very big network across the world. It would not return to India just for running one channel and that too with only 50% ownership. If SPNI hadn't bought TEN channels, then they definitely would have launched new channels with Sony ESPN series. So these TEN Channels will definitely be rebranded as Sony ESPN 1,2,3...and so on.

After Sony bought the TEN channels from ZEE, ZEE has no business with what Sony does with TEN channels. So they are completely out of the picture. Now let's come to Sony and ESPN. Both have equal stake in the sports arm of SPNI. Just take the example of the Sony's sports website ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports You will mostly see the Sony ESPN logo there. The older website http://sonysix.com has been shutdown. So if the deal was only for running 1 channel i.e. SonyESPN, then sonysix.com would still be running. Similar logo can be seen in the ESPN india app.
ESPN is a very big network across the world. It would not return to India just for running one channel and that too with only 50% ownership. If SPNI hadn't bought TEN channels, then they definitely would have launched new channels with Sony ESPN series. So these TEN Channels will definitely be rebranded as Sony ESPN 1,2,3...and so on.

am no longer interested in this topic..
anyway as u mentioned i will give some points..

i know ZEE has no business with TEN Channels, after SPN bought it from them. if u know English i can say, read one more time what i have written u can understand.

Now let's come to ESPN India Website.. The Partnership deal was not only just for one single channel. Here u go..

"Sony ESPN is an Indian sports television channel which is a joint venture between ESPN, Inc. and Sony Pictures Networks. Formerly known as Sony KIX, the channel was re branded as Sony ESPN on 17 January 2016. The channel targets the Indian subcontinent including India, Nepal and Sri Lanka. The partnership was made official in October 2015. Sony and ESPN will partner together on website and app efforts, with ESPN providing and producing content such as cricket, football, tennis, NBA basketball, badminton, field hockey, golf, rugby union along with other events."

So now you have clear idea, what does the Sony logo on ESPN website indicates.. i hope u understand.

Now older website Sony Six.. How did u say it's a old website..?
The website is very well up and running.. I don't know who has shut it down, without the knowledge of SPN.
or you have shut it down yourself.!

don't run into your own conclusions without proper knowledge.!

whatever it is, as i said in first part am no longer interested in this topic, let's wait n see what Sony will name it's channels.

Last edited:
i hope they dont do numbering and better give it names like sonyten cricket sonyten football, sonyten fighting....this would be great even biggest and oldest sky sports r going too revamp and shed numbering of their sports channels.....

Sky Sports to replace numbered channels

sky is scrapping its numbered sports channels and replacing them with themed offerings focused on specific sports – led by football, golf and cricket – as it combats falling viewer numbers with a branding revamp and a cheaper viewing package.

The retirement of Sky Sports 1,2,3,4 and 5 and the introduction of a new package two-thirds cheaper than current prices represents a major shakeup of the strategy that has made Rupert Murdoch’s Sky a pay-TV powerhouse.

The new offering will result in the launch of themed channels, like Sky’s existing dedicated Formula One channel, for its top-flight sports including football – which will get two channels – golf and cricket. A new channel, Sky Sports Arena, will host other content including rugby and tennis

Sky Sports to replace numbered channels and slash prices in revamp

Last edited:
even star should remove numbering and start giving names

@amty bro pls reduce the font size in ur article post #94

Thanks

Last edited:
am no longer interested in this topic..
anyway as u mentioned i will give some points..

i know ZEE has no business with TEN Channels, after SPN bought it from them. if u know English i can say, read one more time what i have written u can understand.

Now let's come to ESPN India Website.. The Partnership deal was not only just for one single channel. Here u go..

"Sony ESPN is an Indian sports television channel which is a joint venture between ESPN, Inc. and Sony Pictures Networks. Formerly known as Sony KIX, the channel was re branded as Sony ESPN on 17 January 2016. The channel targets the Indian subcontinent including India, Nepal and Sri Lanka. The partnership was made official in October 2015. Sony and ESPN will partner together on website and app efforts, with ESPN providing and producing content such as cricket, football, tennis, NBA basketball, badminton, field hockey, golf, rugby union along with other events."

So now you have clear idea, what does the Sony logo on ESPN website indicates.. i hope u understand.

Now older website Sony Six.. How did u say it's a old website..?
The website is very well up and running.. I don't know who has shut it down, without the knowledge of SPN.
or you have shut it down yourself.!

don't run into your own conclusions without proper knowledge.!

whatever it is, as i said in first part am no longer interested in this topic, let's wait n see what Sony will name it's channels.

Just help me out, how are you able to access sonysix.com as you said it's alive and running. If possible send me screenshot. Because this is what O get while trying to access that web-
Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
And I write here only when I have proper knowledge about a subject. I hope you are not the only knowledgeable person here.

Last edited:
there should be a channel for only cricket.so sony have to replace a one ten channel with sony cricket

Just help me out, how are you able to access sonysix.com as you said it's alive and running. If possible send me screenshot. Because this is what O get while trying to access that web-
Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
And I write here only when I have proper knowledge about a subject. I hope you are not the only knowledgeable person here.
Untitled.png

Here u go for Sony Six Website SS.
Also "THIS SITE IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY" does not mean that the site has shut down.

i didn't say am the only one with proper knowledge.
But one should at least know something about what they are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom