Breaking Sony to revamp its Sports Network and to rename TEN Channels as Sony TEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time, the sports network powerhouse has partnered with Sony Pictures Television's India unit Multi Screen Media, whose existing sports portfolio, in addition to its range of entertainment networks, includes three channels — Sony Six, Sony Kix and Sony Six HD.

According to the companies, the partnership plans to launch new co-branded channels, starting with Sony Kix being rebranded as Sony ESPN though MSM will continue to retain the Sony Six brand. Also planned are digital properties, which will add to ESPNCricinfo.com, the long-running online cricket platform retained by ESPN after it exited the ESPN Star Sports broadcasting joint venture.

source : click here

@Jithin91 read the given article and more perticulerly given part where it's already mentioned that both companies says all new channels will be cobranded as sony espn. althrought article does not mentions number of percent but also mentions that at sony kix rebrand if msm does not request there desire to retain then six was also wil be rebranded at that time it self. this kind of co brand makes 100% debt that after msm's exit in ownership spnl can not go with six for longer as there is huge 50% kind big stake over use of co brand only and not sony six as espn dominance in deal.

ok.. i read the article. the article says Sony KIX is rebranded as Sony ESPN. doesn't mean other sports channels should be named as Sony ESPN. and if u remember Sony KIX was a nt that a great channel and was particularly offering only football feeds if i remember correct. So sony decided to rebrand that channel as Sony ESPN. No wonder in that.

"here it's already mentioned that both companies says all new channels will be cobranded as sony espn". also i didn't see the 50% deal b/w SPN's Sports ARM. i didn't read anything like this on that article.

50% deal is correct in the case of Sony ESPN. Sony has 50% Stake & ESPN Inc has the other 50%.

And the TEN Channel deal was purely between Sony and Zee network.. How a third person can come and say he want his name for the product.

anyway let's wait for the day Sony rebrand the channels.

According to my source....
Sony Six = Sony Six 1
Sony Six :hd
= Sony Six 1 :hd
Ten 1
= Sony Six 2
Ten 1 :hd
= Sony Six 2 :hd
Ten 2
= Sony Six 3
Ten Golf :hd
= Sony Six 3 :hd
Ten 3
= Sony Six 4
Sony Six 4 :hd
will be a new channel.
Sony ESPN & Sony ESPN :hd will remain unchanged coz they are joined venture of SPNI & ESPN.

Now let's see what will happen. :new

According to my source....
Sony Six = Sony Six 1
Sony Six :hd
= Sony Six 1 :hd
Ten 1
= Sony Six 2
Ten 1 :hd
= Sony Six 2 :hd
Ten 2
= Sony Six 3
Ten Golf :hd
= Sony Six 3 :hd
Ten 3
= Sony Six 4
Sony Six 4 :hd
will be a new channel.
Sony ESPN & Sony ESPN :hd will remain unchanged coz they are joined venture of SPNI & ESPN.

Now let's see what will happen. :new

Man, why you are posting same thing again and again. You have posted the same content at 11:14 am on 26/06/2017 and after 14 hours you posted same. Why you are doing such things???

Now one more such activity from your side and action will be taken against you. This is last warning.

If Sony following Star Sports footsteps in rebranding then , My prediction is

Sony Six / HD -- Sony ESPN 1 / Sony ESPN 1 HD

Ten 1 / HD -- Sony ESPN 2 / Sony ESPN 2 hd

Ten 2 -- Sony ESPN 1 Hindi

Ten Golf HD -- Sony ESPN 1 Hindi hd

Ten 3 -- Sony ESPN 1 Tamil & (Sony ESPN 1 Tamil HD may launch later)

Sony ESPN / HD -- Sony ESPN 3 / Sony ESPN 3 hd

Last edited:
If Sony following Star Sports footsteps in rebranding then , My prediction is

Sony Six / HD -- Sony ESPN 1 / Sony ESPN 1 HD

Ten 1 / HD -- Sony ESPN 2 / Sony ESPN 2 hd

Ten 2 -- Sony ESPN 1 Hindi

Ten Golf HD -- Sony ESPN 2 Hindi hd

Ten 3 -- Sony ESPN 1 Tamil & (Sony ESPN 1 Tamil HD may launch later)

Sony ESPN / HD -- Sony ESPN 3 / Sony ESPN 3 hd

A tamil sports channel from sony is something more to ask..
Sony doesn't even have a regional GEC Channel. just not in tamil, but not in any regional language..

so chances are 0.01% for a Sports Tamil Channel from SPN

Hoping for 24 Hrs Fight Channel in HD Which will include WWE,TNA,Super Fight League,Boxing etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock