Breaking SPN Sports is now SONY SPORTS in its social media handle

• Thread starter Lurie
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 59
  • Views: Views 18,103
I think Sony wants to be an easy catching brand name in sports. Like, Star Sports~ Sony Sports. May be this is only a renaming for the network. But currently Ten,Six, ESPN.. somewhat scattered. Looking forward for a complete restructuring. Evicting ESPN and throwing out the existing flop logos.

Branding channels with SONY Sports is a good idea.
Even then these channels SIX, TEN and ESPN are popular channels.
So SONY should keep SONY SIX, if if they re-brand the channel genre.
They may be retaining TEN because of some contractual arrangements with TEN while acquiring the
ESPN alliance is currently a question, as we all know.
But one thing is for sure, the logos must change.

Sony Pictures Network's twitter handle @SPN_Action has stopped tweeting. The last tweet was done on 28th December, this twitter handle was @TenSports before 2017, then it became @SPN_Wrestling on November 2017, then in Januaray 2018 it became @SPN_Action and just tweets about WWE & UFC stuffs.
cYDiDPs.jpg

But from 28th December, 2019 the twitter handle has stopped tweeting about new updates (still replying though), and tweeting only done by @SonySportsIndia.
OSvlYZt.jpg

Now this @SonySportsIndia handle's previous username was @SonySIX, but changed to @SPNSportsIndia in November 2017 which was again changed to @SonySportsIndia on 16th January 2020.
Now only @SonySportsIndia is tweeting about their sports programs except WWE. The WWE TV deal was set to expire on 31st December 2019, but STILL there's no official words by SPN about the deal renewal (as they did when SPN retained UFC rights back in 6th August last year, so they're also tweeting about UFC, but NO WWE, only @WWEIndia twitter handle is working)
Now I don't know if they're going to rebrand themselves completely to Sony Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 (assuming ESPN will exit, so no SS5) or delete their @SPN_Action handle, or nothing, but their weird social media handles activity doesn't seem normal to me..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock