Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,449
  • Views Views: Views 1,673,692

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
245834404-173362158287328-6551504174584369766-n.jpg

Hotstar generally concentrates on Connected TV users as they will generate the revenue 3 or 4 times what mobile users will generate... If you watch the same game on Hotstar on Connected TV and On a mobile device you will see the difference...

Also, Hotstar doesn't advertise as Star Sports advertising, advertisers would have brought said number of CPMs for any match, if they are exhausted, Hotstar wouldn't have any ads to play and they would have sticked with Hotstar ads.. It's common for mobile users as most of the people watching are watching on mobile..

What ever the viewership is, if its dipped or no one even saw the match, advertiser has to pay for Star as per the contracts already signed not the other way around... Hotstar had sold 90% of its CPMs even before this leg began as per many reports from mint, ET etc..

BTW, Hotstar has maintained its viewership through out barring afternoon matches and that last double headers.. They average out at 4.5 million concurrent viewers, and may vary depending on matches..

Excellent Information anna. But why do advertisers buy limited CPM's for mobile streaming of matches? I believe those watching match on mobile far outweigh ones watching match on connected tv. Leaving empty slots on mobile streaming must b affecting revenue. I think return to investment won't b issue bcoz mobile streaming ad rates must b quite less as compared to connected tv streaming ad rates

Since you are more informed user. Can you tell us how much profit did Star gained from IPL. As I don't have any idea about this industry. If you could provide numbers it would be appreciated.

Well , i may have to do deeper research for this and due to paucity of time cannot to do it right now but quite sure they will not b in losses as they must have earned huge ad/subscription revenue from TV/ digital platforms and sold territory rights world over for IPL

The IPL & ICC Broadcasting Auction will take place next Monday. My prayer is that in both of these the rights of the star will be lost. That would put an end to the arrogance of this waste channel. Star TV will be limited to serials and movies.

The IPL & ICC Broadcasting Auction will take place next Monday. My prayer is that in both of these the rights of the star will be lost. That would put an end to the arrogance of this waste channel. Star TV will be limited to serials and movies.
I want Star to have ICC and FIFA rights. And Sony or Viacom to get IPL rights. BCCI rights should go to Viacom.

Hello man why you Copy and Pasting Same Quotes everywhere, after seeing above Quote Disney/Star likely bid till auction end:blush2:

Who exactly told you that they are gonna happen next Monday? There is no official notification for the invitation of bids from both the parties. Don't post things like this, if you think that a source is reliable post the source as well.

Coming to next Monday, IPL new teams auction process might take place Not Media rights auction. IPL has a lot of work to do before going for media rights auction like deciding how to schedule a longer event, event format etc etc.. ICC still has to get approval from all the boards to go for auction process.

Who exactly told you that they are gonna happen next Monday? There is no official notification for the invitation of bids from both the parties. Don't post things like this, if you think that a source is reliable post the source as well.

Coming to next Monday, IPL new teams auction process might take place Not Media rights auction. IPL has a lot of work to do before going for media rights auction like deciding how to schedule a longer event, event format etc etc.. ICC still has to get approval from all the boards to go for auction process.
IPL should clarify some points before going for bidding process, which would impact the bid.
1. No: of matches per team - 14 or 18 - Direct impact on bidding price and tournament duration.
2. Start time of matches - 8pm or 7:30pm (Star prefers 7:30)
3. Weekend double-headers - Again star like simultaneous matches at 7:30 or 8pm than 4pm first match.

Back
Top Bottom