Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,673,852

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
They are not depend on one sports channel Star Sports Hindi, you can see different advertisement on Star Sports Tamil, Telugu and Kannada
Main advertisement comes from main channels. Not niche channels.

Star Sports Tamil, Telugu and Kannada it's Main Channels in South, not niche channels like SS Select and Sony Ten Channels

Star Sports Tamil, Telugu and Kannada it's Main Channels in South, not niche channels like SS Select and Sony Ten Channels
Nah, those are niche channel meant for segmented regional state specific audience. Where Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 1 Hindi serves everyone from Assam to Maharashtra to Rajasthan to MP to even Andaman Nicobar Islands.

Whatever news came from these websites, viewers not concern on these news and Star made Huge money from these advertisers and they won't Return money to these advertisers, also viewers just need entertainment in local languages and Star doing Great job Airing back to back Sports events T20 world cup, ISL and PKL for next 4 months in local languages feeds

Whatever news came from these websites, viewers not concern on these news and Star made Huge money from these advertisers and they won't Return money to these advertisers, also viewers just need entertainment in local languages and Star doing Great job Airing back to back Sports events T20 world cup, ISL and PKL for next 4 months in local languages feeds
This is not some random website. It's Economic Times. Based on the figures shared by some users few days back. Star seem to make little more than 300 crs which doesn't look good in a investment of ₹16,000 crs along with the inflation.

Bhai
1. You are the one who is so addicted to these advertisement revenue numbers. Some months ago you were arguing with us saying Sony is making crores of losses because of airing events like Football. Also you said no one watches those events. All these claims without any data to back it up.
2. I posted that news in this perticular thread because rating drop may affect future media price of IPL. IPL is reaching a saturation point. Not just 1 year, they have been posting stagnant overall growth since last 2 years. All while other properties are posting good growths. Why will someone pay huge Premium when low growth will be there?

Bhai
1. You are the one who is so addicted to these advertisement revenue numbers. Some months ago you were arguing with us saying Sony is making crores of losses because of airing events like Football. Also you said no one watches those events. All these claims without any data to back it up.
Yeah, As you people said Regular Television viewers should not concern on Broadcasters Revenue numbers, for a change I was following your statement on this thread, so this time I'm not expecting argument from anyone

Yeah, As you people said Regular Television viewers should not concern on Broadcasters Revenue numbers, for a change I was following your statement on this thread, so this time I'm not expecting argument from anyone
For a guy who doesn't like football. You sure love changing the goalpost. 😂⚽

V7eyi6h.gif

Despite us saying repeated times that revenue shouldn't matter to regular audience. You kept on going until thread got locked and one user got banned.

Now tables have turn This has exactly become like rain in cricket. When it strucks. Everybody runs away. 🌧️🏃

Last edited:
Despite us saying repeated times that revenue shouldn't matter to regular audience. You kept on going until thread got locked and one user got banned.
I'm not locked thread or banned anyone 🤦‍♂️
Now tables have turn This has exactly become like rain in cricket. When it strucks. Everybody runs away. 🌧️🏃
exactly everyone same runs away everytime

Back
Top Bottom