Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,552
  • Views: Views 1,503,053

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Sony wants to be a trendy brand. Yet, it fails because of the branding. They need to eliminate the world "Ten" and "Six" from their line up and rebrand to something cool like Sony Sports Action, Sony Sports Box Office, Sony Sports Cricket, Sony Sports Soccer and Sony Sports Mix.

Sony wants to be a trendy brand. Yet, it fails because of the branding. They need to eliminate the world "Ten" and "Six" from their line up and rebrand to something cool like Sony Sports Action, Sony Sports Box Office, Sony Sports Cricket, Sony Sports Soccer and Sony Sports Mix.
Even if they work on their logo a bit, it'd be so good. They have improved their cricket graphics. Hope they work on channel graphics as well.

In my view Zee should come back in sports Broadcasting. They don't need to launch a sports channel for that. I mean if fancode can Webcast sports content why can't ZEE5.
They weren't able to manage the sports business. That's why they totally exit from this genre.

In my view Zee should come back in sports Broadcasting. They don't need to launch a sports channel for that. I mean if fancode can Webcast sports content why can't ZEE5.
They have sour relationship with BCCI. Hence, a comeback in sports won't make sense as no sport channel in India can succeed without Cricket.

They have sour relationship with BCCI. Hence, a comeback in sports won't make sense as no sport channel in India can succeed without Cricket.
Yes but they can go for other Cricket Board rights like FanCode is doing. ZEE5 & viewers both will be benefited if ZEE5 buys Such Webcasting Rights. Viewers will get both entertainment & sports in one app.

They weren't able to manage the sports business. That's why they totally exit from this genre.
I don't understand how they were suffering losses, I mean I don't see sony doing anything different than ZEE, except regional commentary (which was not provided even by star consistently at that time.) and I am not even expecting a sports channel from them, they can webcast it on ZEE5.

Yes but they can go for other Cricket Board rights like FanCode is doing. ZEE5 & viewers both will be benefited if ZEE5 buys Such Webcasting Rights. Viewers will get both entertainment & sports in one app.
It's not that profitable. They are not even likely to break even as I don't see them charging as pay per views for sporting content like FanCode is doing.

It's not that profitable. They are not even likely to break even as I don't see them charging as pay per views for sporting content like FanCode is doing.
Hmm... Fancode is setting up wrong trend, I fear that day is not far when we will see Hotstar, SonyLiv doing the same (selling IPL pack for ₹50, Cricket Tour Pack for ₹30, Premier League pack for ₹50😬).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock