Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,730
  • Views: Views 1,563,579

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I think Sony are about to skip srilanka vs England t20's. at least a couple of them. why can't they broadcast it on MAX? they used to do it in Past.

None of the Sony network channel broadcasting england srilanka t20 today😒😒
what a shame.

Last edited:
Sony should honestly consider launching a sport only OTT plan for Sony Liv. I don't want to pay 999 for content i don't watch. Charging 300-350 only for sports content like UCL/UEL other football, cricket, WWE etc are okay for me.

Also Jio probably brought rights for AFC Champions League 2021. They are telecasting all matches in Jio Football channel with English commentary. I watched 2 matches yesterday.

Sony should honestly consider launching a sport only OTT plan for Sony Liv. I don't want to pay 999 for content i don't watch. Charging 300-350 only for sports content like UCL/UEL other football, cricket, WWE etc are okay for me.
They did launched couple of years back in 2018. They were charging ₹199 for six months. Completely ad free sport. Back then regular Sony Liv subscription use to cost ₹499 annually. Free tier offered 5 minute delay of everything. Don't hope for same. Streaming was just bad back then. Servers were down in the middle of the events. Even the quality was sub-par. They need to maintain cost. Star can afford to giveaway as they recover most of the cost from Cricket which generates huge sums of ad revenue. Sony doesn't have similar option for same as their offerings are niche.

Sony Six should be dedicated to Cricket. Just like how Sony Ten 2 is to Football. Don't know why sports be it MMA or Wrestling is doing there. When you can use Sony Ten 1, 3 and 4 which airs WWE repeats throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock