Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,100
  • Views Views: Views 1,617,654

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
You are absolutely right bro,,subscriber base number for OTT holds importance as it helps get more ad revenue but as far as garnering subscription revenue is concerned now in current digital landscape it holds no real value.

Disney-Star has made the right decision to not buy BCCI TV + OTT and IPL Digital rights at extremely exorbitant pricing as it would caused th to lose out on money invested rather than recover the same let alone earn profit.

Now Disney-Star has great opportunity to use the money saved in expanding its offerings across TV + Digital Medium and improving upon other things.

@Ashok Varma & @StoriesWithPK bros should try to understand this with more deep insight into the various things which r all inter connected & taken into consideration by broadcasters while deciding upon carving a strategy.

Here is one such article which offers some perspective as to why this decision of not over spending on acquiring rights of these cricket properties will actually overall benefit Disney-Star

Hey Buddy!

OTT Subscribers Base Is Important To Generate

But

What About Churn??

1. 78% To 82% Of Plans Which Is Being Offered From Telecom Operators Not Being Renewed Why???

2. Do You Know What's The Revenue Sharing Ratio Between Disney & Telecom Operators? (Please Get Some Data)

3. Star Overpaid On Existing Rights (They Are In Marginal Loss)

Don't Depend On Articles Always Try To Speak To Your Sources (If You Really Have)

You are absolutely right bro,,subscriber base number for OTT holds importance as it helps get more ad revenue but as far as garnering subscription revenue is concerned now in current digital landscape it holds no real value.

Disney-Star has made the right decision to not buy BCCI TV + OTT and IPL Digital rights at extremely exorbitant pricing as it would caused th to lose out on money invested rather than recover the same let alone earn profit.

Now Disney-Star has great opportunity to use the money saved in expanding its offerings across TV + Digital Medium and improving upon other things.

@Ashok Varma & @StoriesWithPK bros should try to understand this with more deep insight into the various things which r all inter connected & taken into consideration by broadcasters while deciding upon carving a strategy.

Here is one such article which offers some perspective as to why this decision of not over spending on acquiring rights of these cricket properties will actually overall benefit Disney-Star
Such an id*otic headline and thought.. Paid Article.. star and hotstar should let away all rights and they will be the most profitable company..

See at the end its all abt Survival of the Fittest.. reliance and jio get their income from various resources they are not dependent on television broadcast.. ott and television is just penny for ambanis.. so they have lots of wealth and they are in this buisness.. but star is closing its channels in different countries as they are not able to cope with time..

i dont know much about profit and losses but i feel Star did good for not going for BCCI rights... anyways Indias home matches are as useless and boring then anything in this world baring Australia or england matches.... whats the use of collecting so called paytm trophies and when main time comes Indian tram always disappoints Us.... Disney STAR can go for other sports rights or other country rights...

Hey Buddy!

OTT Subscribers Base Is Important To Generate

But

What About Churn??

1. 78% To 82% Of Plans Which Is Being Offered From Telecom Operators Not Being Renewed Why???

2. Do You Know What's The Revenue Sharing Ratio Between Disney & Telecom Operators? (Please Get Some Data)

3. Star Overpaid On Existing Rights (They Are In Marginal Loss)

Don't Depend On Articles Always Try To Speak To Your Sources (If You Really Have)

Anna i have a proper understanding of this matter and not solely relying on articles to get information hence please don't have such perception about the information mentioned by me.

Also even if u have sources they can give u wrong information like on many occasions ur sources have shared details on a thing which never came out true or got implemented at very late stage that too partially.

So as i have said one needs to have good grasp over the topic and its workings and thereby draw out conclusion based on all factors combined wherein incorrect information is kept out

i dont know much about profit and losses but i feel Star did good for not going for BCCI rights... anyways Indias home matches are as useless and boring then anything in this world baring Australia or england matches.... whats the use of collecting so called paytm trophies and when main time comes Indian tram always disappoints Us.... Disney STAR can go for other sports rights or other country rights...
Hahah… i dont think you follow cricket… all the memorable test matches are played in India only whether kumble taking 10 wickets, rahul laxman partnership saving india from jaws of defeat against mighty aussies, tendulkar last test match and many more.. moreover test mach chamoionship records all points matches that are played by any team in full year so each test match is important..

They went for ICC rights thats worse than BCCI.
They have no vision. They went for ICC just in frustration of loosing IPL.
And later their boss said not to do such dumb mistakes.

Anna i have a proper understanding of this matter and not solely relying on articles to get information hence please don't have such perception about the information mentioned by me.

Also even if u have sources they can give u wrong information like on many occasions ur sources have shared details on a thing which never came out true or got implemented at very late stage that too partially.

So as i have said one needs to have good grasp over the topic and its workings and thereby draw out conclusion based on all factors combined wherein incorrect information is kept out

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Expected Essay,

1. I'm Not Talking About Understanding And I'm Talking About Data

2. Tell Me What Are Your Information Came Out True! With Immediate Effect? Or At Least Came Out True?

3. Stop Blabbering! Give Us The Proofs Or Datas

Finally You Didn't Answer Any Of My Questions On Previous Posts

Answer Them First Then Come For Debate

Really don't understand why no Indian telcast for CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers.
DdO5seZ.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Expected Essay,

1. I'm Not Talking About Understanding And I'm Talking About Data

2. Tell Me What Are Your Information Came Out True! With Immediate Effect? Or At Least Came Out True?

3. Stop Blabbering! Give Us The Proofs Or Datas

Finally You Didn't Answer Any Of My Questions On Previous Posts

Answer Them First Then Come For Debate

Anna, 1st one needs to have understanding of the topic then only one would be able to decode the data/information. Why do u think that u only posses knowledge, have connection with sources and know all data?

Just few days back when i presented proof that Airtel Digital TV just lost 0.09 million subscribers in Q4 FY23 while few weeks back u were claiming that Airtel Digital TV has lost around 7.5 million subscribers hence not adding channels then again u just started making arguments which r devoid of merit, not only that but u were not ready to believe in official DTH Subscribers data which was published by TRAI but still just claiming u have 'real insider information " without showing any proof for the same.

Secondly i will not enter this Tu Tu Man Battle of what i said and what came true. I always request all members that instead of poking fun at me and leveling baseless allegations against me each time, it would have been better if u carefully read the content + context of each my posts which would have helped all understand , properly interpret what is being said and thus such questions would not arise. My. Time is precious and i will note devote it to daily explain same things individually to all who ask.

I am not blabbering or using any loose language rather i asked and responded very respectfully, it is u anna who unfortunately phrase the comments in a tone which is rude and harsh .....i am npt joining the same league.

I have answered all questions earlier hence inspite of u asking me to again explain the same, sorry i would rather put in my efforts for better things. Before u say that "Oh look ! He is running when away when confronted with questions", again i am stating that i will ignore / sideline questions things which have been answered before by me and not interested in this unnecessary ego battle which is waste of time.

Also if u cannot read my detailed replies then i wonder how u go thru "so much data u get from ur sources". Patience, Efforts, Focus r key for one to know or understand things but ur comments give an impression that u like reading just summaries.

Good Night 🙂

Back
Top Bottom