Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,098
  • Views Views: Views 1,617,585

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
See at the end its all abt Survival of the Fittest.. reliance and jio get their income from various resources they are not dependent on television broadcast.. ott and television is just penny for ambanis.. so they have lots of wealth and they are in this buisness.. but star is closing its channels in different countries as they are not able to cope with time..

Buddy, easy to just dismiss any article if u tend to disagree with t but it will be better if understand why something is being said ....just few days back i explained in great detail challenges faced by Disney-Star not only in India but in other countries too alongside giving its reasoning and how it cane be resolved and why they r deciding to sell or enter JV for broadcast busness in India and closing their TV channels in other countries.

Fact is that it is not simple ABCD, there r many factors involved. There is huge difference in the way legacy broadcast companies like Fox (under Mudrochs) handled TV Channels business and what strategy Disney has as it largely wants to focus on its other major assets while keeping broadcast businesses in a way which does not cause losses but rather contribute in profitability.

Anyways like i said i do not see Disney exiting broadcast business in india, they will address challenges including most importantly building a localised strategy for India Business which would then bring a well maintained balance in how each of the arms in the broadcast business r able to deliver good returns

Really don't understand why no Indian telcast for CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers.
DdO5seZ.jpg
Sony interested only if CONMEBOL team plays against European teams then they will show

They went for ICC rights thats worse than BCCI.
They have no vision. They went for ICC just in frustration of loosing IPL.
And later their boss said not to do such dumb mistakes.

ICC rights are more fruit full then dumb BCCI rights.... ICC rights gain more viewership and more advert revenue too broadcasters.... plus its more entertaining then home matches which india plays... and india as a team is declining with rohit and virat playing there last w/c and mostly their last leg of ODIs I dont see much interest in future home matches

ICC rights are more fruit full then dumb BCCI rights.... ICC rights gain more viewership and more advert revenue too broadcasters.... plus its more entertaining then home matches which india plays... and india as a team is declining with rohit and virat playing there last w/c and mostly their last leg of ODIs I dont see much interest in future home matches
More than that, there is an actual interest from people to watch these multi-national tournaments... Let's take yesterday's SL V AFG for example, it did have a peak viewership of 65L and had average of 40L viewership from the time I started watching the match. The qualification impact played a huge part there...

Numbers can decide ad revenue of particular OTT/Channel, Any company from any country can invest in stock markets with regulator permissions. Indians have mad of live cricket over Shows/Originals.
Sun and ETV too there in market, but they're away from numbers game. whatever they have library/content showing to consumers, using their sources best way in market.

ICC rights are good, but 4 times (24 k cr) costliest than BCCI rights (6k cr), India's playing matches are limited in ICC tournaments and BCCI matches are suitable to prime time for attract ads, ICC tournaments are hosted by different countires with different match timings

They went for ICC rights thats worse than BCCI.
They have no vision. They went for ICC just in frustration of loosing IPL.
And later their boss said not to do such dumb mistakes.
BCCI playing same Cassette from last 15 years, you can see Same FTP, nothing exciting in their FTP. Except money and money they're not serious on Cricket and not calling any associate nations too here. even PCB host Tri series they understand better then BCCI in cricket.

ICC rights thats worse than BCCI.
ICC/ACC events only stage India and other test nations meet associate nations, some associate teams like UAE, Nepal, Bermuda, Oman, PNG, Netherland, Scotland, Namibia shows their best whenever they qualify for these events.

Last edited:
ICC rights are good, but 4 times (24 k cr) costliest than BCCI rights (6k cr), India's playing matches are limited in ICC tournaments and BCCI matches are suitable to prime time for attract ads, ICC tournaments are hosted by different countires with different match timings

last home series which india played Star found it difficult to get adds... again i am saying these bilateral series have no value and people have no interest in them

last home series which india played Star found it difficult to get adds... again i am saying these bilateral series have no value and people have no interest in them
STAR can't got huge ads due to they puts all live cricket under paywall and without proper publicity. Now they realized free streaming provided for big tournaments like Asia cup and World cup for mobiles, still they should telecast matches in their HD sports channels as free, DD provided HD telecast in Freedish.

Back
Top Bottom