Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,097
  • Views Views: Views 1,617,419

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
You didn't remember Hotstar was free for first 5 years (2015-2020) includes IPL. Now Jio is no1 in Telecom revenues after 9 months of free.
Free cricket stream means every one can access by digital mode, so they can earn more revenue by ads, than subscription revenue.

bro i was talking about tv rights not digital rights...

bro i was talking about tv rights not digital rights...
Then, from where the hell you got the information that Sports 18 is free?? Or provide content for free??
You're literally frustrated with political parties and their ideologies

I don’t think anyone actually knows the rise of FAST here.

The only way we’re going to break even after paying that huge sum for sports rights will be through ad-supported streaming and not by putting it behind a paywall.

JIO was quick to realise this tbh.

Look at major Sports in the US struggling to find a suitable digital partner and the current feud between Charter and Disney.

Last edited:
Anna, 1st one needs to have understanding of the topic then only one would be able to decode the data/information. Why do u think that u only posses knowledge, have connection with sources and know all data?

Just few days back when i presented proof that Airtel Digital TV just lost 0.09 million subscribers in Q4 FY23 while few weeks back u were claiming that Airtel Digital TV has lost around 7.5 million subscribers hence not adding channels then again u just started making arguments which r devoid of merit, not only that but u were not ready to believe in official DTH Subscribers data which was published by TRAI but still just claiming u have 'real insider information " without showing any proof for the same.

Secondly i will not enter this Tu Tu Man Battle of what i said and what came true. I always request all members that instead of poking fun at me and leveling baseless allegations against me each time, it would have been better if u carefully read the content + context of each my posts which would have helped all understand , properly interpret what is being said and thus such questions would not arise. My. Time is precious and i will note devote it to daily explain same things individually to all who ask.

I am not blabbering or using any loose language rather i asked and responded very respectfully, it is u anna who unfortunately phrase the comments in a tone which is rude and harsh .....i am npt joining the same league.

I have answered all questions earlier hence inspite of u asking me to again explain the same, sorry i would rather put in my efforts for better things. Before u say that "Oh look ! He is running when away when confronted with questions", again i am stating that i will ignore / sideline questions things which have been answered before by me and not interested in this unnecessary ego battle which is waste of time.

Also if u cannot read my detailed replies then i wonder how u go thru "so much data u get from ur sources". Patience, Efforts, Focus r key for one to know or understand things but ur comments give an impression that u like reading just summaries.

Good Night 🙂

Don't Divert Topic Buddy,

Answer This First

With Regards To Your Subscribers Base Comment, After It Got Posted By @Siva I Understood You Are Talking About FY23 End Quarter But I Said About April To June'23 (You Can Go And Check My Post Again), Airtel Gives Month On Month Active Subscribers Data To **** **** ****** (The Day You Know All This, You Would Have Grown)

To Your Question Again,

How Do I Know The Active Subscribers Base?? (That Known To Only Few Members Here)

Keep Thinking,,,

Don't Forget To Answer My Questions Again,,,

Last edited:
Then, from where the hell you got the information that Sports 18 is free?? Or provide content for free??

where is said sports 18 is free... can you read????

where is said sports 18 is free... can you read???? And i more or less dint give a damn about indian politics as i dont stay in india or nor m born in india

Sports18 (HD/SD) is a pay channel [email protected]/- and Sports18 khel is a Hindi FTA channel on DDFD only, Sports18 khel was telecasted India vs Ireland T20 matches FREE alongwith DD SPORTS from Freedish

i think you have miss understood my reply i was replying too ur answer where you said they should provide matches for free on tv and tv rights as Star was not getting tv adds for last home series of india

Back
Top Bottom