Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,523
  • Views: Views 1,488,287

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
fifa football world cup 2022 will be held on 21st November 2021 to 18th December 2021
match times :
first 2 rounds matches kick off times : 3:30pm ,6:30pm,9:30pm and 12:30am.final round group games and knock out round is 8:30pm and 12:30am and final match kick off time 8:30pm.

CAlzRkl.jpg

Someone here was saying that some great broadcaster gives more importance to niche sports than Cricket.. Well well very much expected that broadcaster is using 8 out of 10 Channels are telecasting cricket over Olympic games when Indian Cricket is available... I hope those people will shread this broadcaster as well as they did with some other broadcasters as well
NO Olympic event is scrapped for cricket. Fortunately timing differs from SL to Japan. T20 starts from 7 pm while it's 10.30 pm in Tokyo so it means that day events are almost completed.

CAlzRkl.jpg

Someone here was saying that some great broadcaster gives more importance to niche sports than Cricket.. Well well very much expected that broadcaster is using 8 out of 10 Channels are telecasting cricket over Olympic games when Indian Cricket is available... I hope those people will shread this broadcaster as well as they did with some other broadcasters as well
Don't understand what point you are trying to make. Broadcasting live cricket on 8 channel is okay. Broadcasting hls on 8 channel of same content is not(what star is doing). Plus add to that, they are missing only last few minutes of Olympics. May be some perticular events as Ten 2 will still air the event till it ends. Missing the broadcast of T 20 just to accommodate Olympics is clearly, a not so great option from commercial POV for them.

Don't understand what point you are trying to make. Broadcasting live cricket on 8 channel is okay. Broadcasting hls on 8 channel of same content is not(what star is doing). Plus add to that, they are missing only last few minutes of Olympics. May be some perticular events as Ten 2 will still air the event till it ends. Missing the broadcast of T 20 just to accommodate Olympics is clearly, a not so great option from commercial POV for them.

Point Sai anna is trying to make is what i have stated time and again, broadcasters make strategy based on content acquired and best possible way to monetize them. Sony and Star/disney have very differing content strategy bcoz of this itself. Before blaming broadcasters we should properly analyse reason why something is happening. There r several factor to blame why cricket gets too much airtime, broadcasters just take all these things into consideration and accordingly schedule sporting events

Point Sai anna is trying to make is what i have stated time and again, broadcasters make strategy based on content acquired and best possible way to monetize them. Sony and Star/disney have very differing content strategy bcoz of this itself. Before blaming broadcasters we should properly analyse reason why something is happening. There r several factor to blame why cricket gets too much airtime, broadcasters just take all these things into consideration and accordingly schedule sporting events
By pandering to one board and paying them more than what they are worth. How was the said broadcaster doing in movie and entertainment segment before their parent company got acquired by the biggest entertainment company in the world? They were losing. All the big box office was heading toward some other company. They got lucky. Even now they have to push movies and kids content off air to break even. Forget about requirement to launch ten other channels. In other countries even poorer ones. Same broadcaster has so many offering in different genre. Here, they are desperately trying to break even.

Explain to me. How do they monitize from cricket highlights over live cricket of smaller board?

By pandering to one board and paying them more than what they are worth. How was the said broadcaster doing in movie and entertainment segment before their parent company got acquired by the biggest entertainment company in the world? They were losing. All the big box office was heading toward some other company. They got lucky. Even now they have to push movies and kids content off air to break even. Forget about requirement to launch ten other channels. In other countries even poorer ones. Same broadcaster has so many offering in different genre. Here, they are desperately trying to break even.
I explained many times especially to you only... That Sony was also had quoted almost same price for those rights. Yet here we are mocking and criticising Star for everything going on WITH sports broadcasting.. BTW I hope you have referred the chart i had prepared on OnlyTech.. U have referred that u would have seen atleast who are bringing most sports to India... or atleast who are investing more on Indian Sport... No we don't want facts rite ik..

Also, how is Star's fault that Sony decides to broadcast the same match in 80% of the channels. In your own words Star is stupid then how stupid is Sony for following them...

I explained many times especially to you only... That Sony was also had quoted almost same price for those rights. Yet here we are mocking and criticising Star for everything going on WITH sports broadcasting.. BTW I hope you have referred the chart i had prepared on OnlyTech.. U have referred that u would have seen atleast who are bringing most sports to India... or atleast who are investing more on Indian Sport... No we don't want facts rite ik..

Also, how is Star's fault that Sony decides to broadcast the same match in 80% of the channels. In your own words Star is stupid then how stupid is Sony for following them...
Was this already in draft since yesterday? Just asking!

Was this already in draft since yesterday? Just asking!
Just asking.... Buddy.. Why do always blame Star for everything going wrong with everything around the world of sports broadcasting... It's out right wrong. If you have animosity towards then, it's fine please don't keep on blaming them.. Sometimes forums administrators will be dragged into issues because of what we are ranting here without facts.

Ps. I don't have animosity towards you are anyone.. And I don't attack anyone... Also, I don't need something to be saved on draft just for replying something to you or anybody else..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock