Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,501
  • Views: Views 1,476,985

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Just asking.... Buddy.. Why do always blame Star for everything going wrong with everything around the world of sports broadcasting... It's out right wrong. If you have animosity towards then, it's fine please don't keep on blaming them.. Sometimes forums administrators will be dragged into issues because of what we are ranting here without facts.
I don't think that would be the case. And who is just blaming Star in sports. I have blamed them in English GECs and will continue to do so with valid reason for not including Disney International HD in any bouquet. I criticized Disney over the last decade for taking off original live action content. They have taken the criticism and given the fans we wanted. No Disney India executive ever lectured about profits and losses off these American content. Instead they respected viewers taste and given them what they want. Now it's time for Star to do same. Sony is equally stupid trying to match a ridiculous high amount for sporting event. Because of which as a viewer we are suffering. We have 10s of channels. Yet, half the content we got a decade ago. Should the viewers to be blamed?

good atleast star sports moved
from mahi ve and king kohli and ipl type of repeated show
I like old generation. They have place in my heart and mind. But my priority today is to watch a live match of the current generation of cricketers. We shouldn't upstage them today for nostalgia.

I guess there's no point fighting over who is better between Sony & Star and most likely there's noone here who is getting direct benefits from either of them. At the same time, there's no point denying that with the cost involved in the properties like IPL, BCCI & IPL other sports have sufferred. Just like Sony had hardly anything to offer apart froom NBA & TNA when they had IPL rights, Star is doing the same now. Its us who are suffering as viewers. Despite paying close Rs. 200 per month for all these channels we are still missing out so many key events and I beleive both Sony & Star are responsible for that.

I guess there's no point fighting over who is better between Sony & Star and most likely there's noone here who is getting direct benefits from either of them. At the same time, there's no point denying that with the cost involved in the properties like IPL, BCCI & IPL other sports have sufferred. Just like Sony had hardly anything to offer apart froom NBA & TNA when they had IPL rights, Star is doing the same now. Its us who are suffering as viewers. Despite paying close Rs. 200 per month for all these channels we are still missing out so many key events and I beleive both Sony & Star are responsible for that.
I am gonna give little credit to Sony here bro. Despite IPL we got other events like UFC, FIFA World Cup and Copa America Cup. I didn't got Sony Six back than in our cable until world cup like events. So can't comment on other stuff. Some of their magazine shows they acquired were great. I recall watching a show about songs on FIFA 2014. Along with classic World Cup matches. Also marquee boxing matches use to be exclusive to Sony Six. They have stopped after Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

I am gonna give little credit to Sony here bro. Despite IPL we got other events like UFC, FIFA World Cup and Copa America Cup. I didn't got Sony Six back than in our cable until world cup like events. So can't comment on other stuff. Some of their magazine shows they acquired were great. I recall watching a show about songs on FIFA 2014. Along with classic World Cup matches. Also marquee boxing matches use to be exclusive to Sony Six. They have stopped after Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
Yes I'd agree to that. They have more variety than Star and they also put efforts to produce Pre-Match & Post-Match shows for non-cricketing events such as UCL. They have massivle improved their graphics although the Logo is still ugly. Star on the other hand is poor on graphics and its totally waste of time to talk about variety on their Channels.

See here also, there goes your partiality towards Sony... Star hasn't cut anything after IPL in the other sports area other than Olympics (which they might have plenty other reasons.).. They only had cut down their costs in cricket by cutting down ECB and CA boards.. They had renewed every other premium sporting properties like Wimbledon, F1 and FE... Only sporting event they chose not to renew was Bundesliga as they were demending more than what Star was willing to pay...

Ps. I'm not saying Star is great or Sony isn't doing a good job.. I'm just highlighting your partiality here that's it...

Yes I'd agree to that. They have more variety than Star and they also put efforts to produce Pre-Match & Post-Match shows for non-cricketing events such as UCL. They have massivle improved their graphics although the Logo is still ugly. Star on the other hand is poor on graphics and its totally waste of time to talk about variety on their Channels.
Star literally have 2 channels dedicated to Niche Sports.. They are the ones who bring the most sporting portfolio to India and yet here we are complaining about how Star doesn't have variety...

Ik.. They repeat Cricketing highlights on many channels but that doesn't make them the guys only having cricket.. If anyone wants premium sports they just want to do is to subscribe to select channels like many people do... There is choice here isn't. They aren't rubbing you. With anything..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock