• Thread starter Thread starter SarFa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 270
  • Views Views: Views 62,349
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
Tata Play Sports18 1 SD LCN 488
So again like of Sony Ten 4 HD - another Sports HD Version going to miss the Premium Platform from the Launch Day.

Tata Play have followed the formula of giving LCN Allotment to Viacom 18 in this Way :-
Star/Disney >> Sony >> Zee >> Viacom >> Etc (others)
We can observe this pattern on Hindi GEC / Hindi Movies / English GEC and now in Sports Section too.

As the "HD" Version will miss Major Platforms from the Launch Day - Viacom 18 can still provide or / Continue with the HD Feed of Live Sporting Events on MTV HD / History HD / Vh1 HD until All DPOs added the HD Version on their platform.

I am not Sure but hope that "Most probably Viewers will get 30 days Free Preview."

So the Countdown for Next 72 hrs are on the 'Highway',,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So again like of Sony Ten 4 HD - another Sports HD Version going to miss the Premium Platform from the Launch Day.

Tata Play have followed the formula of giving LCN Allotment to Viacom 18 in this Way :-
Star/Disney >> Sony >> Zee >> Viacom >> Etc (others)
We can observe this pattern on Hindi GEC / Hindi Movies / English GEC and now in Sports Section too.

As the "HD" Version will miss Major Platforms from the Launch Day - Viacom 18 can still provide or / Continue with the HD Feed of Live Sporting Events on MTV HD / History HD / Vh1 HD until All DPOs added the HD Version on their platform.

I am not Sure but hope that "Most probably Viewers will get 30 days Free Preview."

So the Countdown for Next 72 hrs are on the 'Highway',,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Contents Wise Sports18 Lacks

Else HD Would Have Made It On Airtel & Tata Play,,,,

Let's See,,,,

Contents Wise Sports18 Lacks

Else HD Would Have Made It On Airtel & Tata Play,,,,

Let's See,,,,
May be at Initial Stage of Launch Month - Sports 18 as Content wise is behind of Star/Disney and Sony but Viacom 18 have received various International Football Rights for which Audiences are eager to watch it on HD Version instead of Normal SD feed which looks quite Ugly in Big TV Screen.

Also DPOs should provide Subscribers that Choice to Select. We as Subscribers will decide as per Schedule or content (and ofcourse with the Pricing of the Channel) that whether We will Subscribe for HD or SD one. DPOs cannot be that 'Power' to decide randomly to provide that Particular Feed on the Platform. Freedom of Choice should be there for Each and Every Subscribers.

At present Sports and Movies are obvious Choice to have Potential HD Feed and that Feed should be distributed by DPOs instead of providing unwanted HD News Channels.

In case of "Tata Play" I still believe that after GSat 24 Migration - there are possibilities of Adding Various Pending Channels with the HD Version of Aforesaid Channel.

I dont think this channel will last more than 1 year with No Cricketing rights, just having football rights not sufficient to survive for a longer period in a country like India.

I dont think this channel will last more than 1 year with No Cricketing rights, just having football rights not sufficient to survive for a longer period in a country like India.
Wait viacom will acquire more cricket rights.

May be at Initial Stage of Launch Month - Sports 18 as Content wise is behind of Star/Disney and Sony but Viacom 18 have received various International Football Rights for which Audiences are eager to watch it on HD Version instead of Normal SD feed which looks quite Ugly in Big TV Screen.

Also DPOs should provide Subscribers that Choice to Select. We as Subscribers will decide as per Schedule or content (and ofcourse with the Pricing of the Channel) that whether We will Subscribe for HD or SD one. DPOs cannot be that 'Power' to decide randomly to provide that Particular Feed on the Platform. Freedom of Choice should be there for Each and Every Subscribers.

At present Sports and Movies are obvious Choice to have Potential HD Feed and that Feed should be distributed by DPOs instead of providing unwanted HD News Channels.

In case of "Tata Play" I still believe that after GSat 24 Migration - there are possibilities of Adding Various Pending Channels with the HD Version of Aforesaid Channel.
Absolutely right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom