Breaking Star Disconnection Notice

• Thread starter Thread starter Devaraj V
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 60
  • Views Views: Views 12,402
@Sarkar Well you are forgetting that Sony has secured a lot of matches overseas .so basing the decision just on iPL rights for increase or lower fees is not a perimeter in my humble opinion .

@Sarkar Well you are forgetting that Sony has secured a lot of matches overseas .so basing the decision just on iPL rights for increase or lower fees is not a perimeter in my humble opinion .

TRP of overseas are no where close to IPL . If you have financial figure then compare it with IPL 16k crore

Star spars with DPOs over content deal renewals, issues disconnection notices to Dish TV, Videocon d2h

After sparring with direct to home (DTH) operator Bharti Telemedia, broadcaster Star India has issued disconnection notices to DTH operators Dish TV and Videocon d2h.
The broadcaster said that the notice has been issued due to non-signing of agreements by the two DTH operators. Incidentally, Dish TV and Videocon d2h are close to merging their operations. The merger would create a distribution behemoth with a combined subscriber base of 29 million.
On 16 February, Star had issued a disconnection notice to Bharti Telemedia for non-signing of the subscription agreement, non-payment of subscription fees and non-submission of subscriber reports.

Last edited:
Sony does not have IPL right so they should lower their subscription fee from what they were charging when they had IPL, but i hardly doubt they will as nobody likes to lower their profit. If Sony lower their share then ultimately there will not be much hike in package
You might be right in one way but not in another.we should not forget that they have acquired ten channels also so they are technically correct to increase their price.I think ZEEL should decrease their price as they don't have sports network anymore.

You might be right in one way but not in another.we should not forget that they have acquired ten channels also so they are technically correct to increase their price.I think ZEEL should decrease their price as they don't have sports network anymore.

Nobody will decrease anything if it is hiked

Back
Top Bottom