Discussion Star Gold Thrills, Star Gold Romance and Star Gold 2 HD launched

This is a thread meant for Star's channels. And these are brand new channels. So what's your point? 🤷🏻

So what if these brand new channels? Does every new channel have to comply with 16:9 video aspect ratio ? This has no linkage.

Buddy , u make so many posts with honestly lack a mature and true perspective about things. You just make comments based on what u like but remember broadcasters have well qualified, experienced people who do research, analyse, think and then implement strategies. They r not taking decisions just out of the blue.

As a viewer u can share feedback with them, if your suggestions hold merit and have a valid reasoning which can benefit company as well as viewers then surely broadcasters will take them into consideration and evaluate options to implement it near future. But when i tell u this u just say i don't want to do all this hard work or it is not my responsibility or that broadcasters don't take viewer feedback seriously. Also Disney- lStar team is most welcoming , excellent in this regard and absorbs all of the feedback viewers share with them ....they do make changes accordingly

On a lighter note if u think u know nore than broadcasters and can manage their business better, do apply for a job there. If u get selected we will see wherher ur decisions or policies really indeed give productive outcome or not ☺️

Last edited:
Might be SGR/SGT have some good collection of movies but PQ/AQ is very very bad. For a HD user like me these channels sucks. I can't stay on the channel for more than 5 minutes. Even BFIX Movies have better PQ than SGR/SGT. Moreover there are bunch of SG channels make you confuse to stick with a particular one. Too much of everything is bad. Disney Star will realise soon.

Last edited:
So what if these brand new channels? Does every new channel have to comply with 16:9 video aspect ratio ? This has no linkage.

Buddy , u make so many posts with honestly lack a mature and true perspective about things. You just make comments based on what u like but remember broadcasters have well qualified, experienced people who do research, analyse, think and then implement strategies. They r not taking decisions just out of the blue.

As a viewer u can share feedback with them, if your suggestions hold merit and have a valid reasoning which can benefit company as well as viewers then surely broadcasters will take them into consideration and evaluate options to implement it near future. But when i tell u this u just say i don't want to do all this hard work or it is not my responsibility or that broadcasters don't take viewer feedback seriously. Also Disney- lStar team is most welcoming , excellent in this regard and absorbs all of the feedback viewers share with them ....they do make changes accordingly

On a lighter note if u think u know nore than broadcasters and can manage their business better, do apply for a job there. If u get selected we will see wherher ur decisions or policies really indeed give productive outcome or not ☺️
In 2023 unless you are living in some third world country Belarus, Pakistan or North Korea. You expect a FHD channels. If not Full HD channel. You expect HD channel specially when content is available for same. Just because we aren't one of the rare non cord cutting countries doesn't mean you get to take us for granted.

If I start sending them my honest feeling to them. I would most likely get sued. Since you say big broadcasters follows this forum. If Star people you are reading this. Here's my honest feedback doob maroo. China is way ahead of us because of outdated regional broadcasters like you.

On a lighter you can get me a job at Star. If they put me on their payroll I am also willing to do promotional work like you. I will give you 10% cut too if you get me the job. 🤑

Last edited:
In 2023 unless you are living in some third world country Belarus, Pakistan or North Korea. You expect a FHD channels. If not Full HD channel. You expect HD channel specially when content is available for same. Just because we aren't one of the rare non cord cutting countries doesn't mean you get to take us for granted.

If I start sending them my honest feeling to them. I would most likely get sued. Since you say big broadcasters follows this forum. If Star people you are reading this. Here's my honest feedback doob maroo. China is way ahead of us because of outdated regional broadcasters like you.

On a lighter you can get me a job at Star. If they put me on their payroll I am also willing to do promotional work like you. I will give you 10% cut too if you get me the job. 🤑

Do u know SD feed of even international broadcasters like CNN, BBC World News, TV5Monde Asie is still available in 4:3 video aspect ratio? These SD feeds r made available worldover even in developed countries.

Having a HD feed or making SD feed available in 16:9 video aspect ratio is a decision taken by broadcasters based on various factors. I have had discussions on this earlier so won't go into detail again.

We are still getting so many good things in broadcast sector at such low prices in India which r unavailable in many other countries or if available then at extremely high price. So ur argument that " we r stuck with outdated technology " falls flat and is hollow.

Please stop making baseless allegations. I am not anti or biased to any company or broadcaster. So ur statement regarding "payroll" is totally uncalled for & pointless , u r just using it to cover up as u r unable to provide a valid , logical answer to my questions nor making any efforts to understand what i am stating or accepting ur mistake . You can continue to have wrong view about things neither it affects me or any broadcaster, it would have been better if u tried to put on efforts to make sense of actual facts and share feedback with broadcasters based on it rather than just always finding ways to just somehow showcase a broadcaster in bad light

Do u know SD feed of even international broadcasters like CNN, BBC World News, TV5Monde Asie is still available in 4:3 video aspect ratio? These SD feeds r made available worldover even in developed countries.

Having a HD feed or making SD feed available in 16:9 video aspect ratio is a decision taken by broadcasters based on various factors. I have had discussions on this earlier so won't go into detail again.

We are still getting so many good things in broadcast sector at such low prices in India which r unavailable in many other countries or if available then at extremely high price. So ur argument that " we r stuck with outdated technology " falls flat and is hollow.

Please stop making baseless allegations. I am not anti or biased to any company or broadcaster. So ur statement regarding "payroll" is totally uncalled for & pointless , u r just using it to cover up as u r unable to provide a valid , logical answer to my questions nor making any efforts to understand what i am stating or accepting ur mistake . You can continue to have wrong view about things neither it affects me or any broadcaster, it would have been better if u tried to put on efforts to make sense of actual facts and share feedback with broadcasters based on it rather than just always finding ways to just somehow showcase a broadcaster in bad light
Do you know International broadcasters also provides same channels in 1080p? They cater to global audience so they gotta to carry all resolutions unlike in their home country where they downscale the HD feed.

I will tell you the factors. It is to make highest of profits while pushing cheap outdated broadcasting standards. Good thing is we got some competition in the market. Otherwise there wouldn't be any 4K satellite channel in the market.

You might be enjoying some free perks from your favourite broadcasters. But we don't. I think we are paying way too much to get an average experience.

Since you wanted me to get a job while pushing corporate friendly views accusing me of being illinformed. I will accuse you of being on payroll.

Do you know International broadcasters also provides same channels in 1080p? They cater to global audience so they gotta to carry all resolutions unlike in their home country where they downscale the HD feed.

I will tell you the factors. It is to make highest of profits while pushing cheap outdated broadcasting standards. Good thing is we got some competition in the market. Otherwise there wouldn't be any 4K satellite channel in the market.

You might be enjoying some free perks from your favourite broadcasters. But we don't. I think we are paying way too much to get an average experience.

Since you wanted me to get a job while pushing corporate friendly views accusing me of being illinformed. I will accuse you of being on payroll.

Buddy did u read the part where i said that even in many developed countries SD feed of the channel is available in 4:3 video aspect ratio and not in downscaled HD mode. Also if u say that Indian Broadcasters r not willing to enhance viewing experience & focused on just earning more profits hence sticking to 4:3 video aspect ratio for its SD channels (which is completely inaccurate and wrong assessment) then what according to u is the excuse /reason for CNN, BBC News still providing SD feed in India with 4:3 video aspect ratio and not providing downscaled HD feed ....also not launching HD feed in India despite th catering to niche viewer base?

As i have said u are not well informed about the actual reasoning behind why broadcasters take certain decisions. Your point about broadcasters sticking to outdated technology is so far from truth, all broadcasters balance out / take into consideration the investments and revenue aspect while taking decisions . If they can invest in producing HD content or acquiring big ticket rights then they r also well capable of launching HD channels as per demand/feasibility.

Lastly please stop with accusing me of all sorts of things based on wrong perception or understanding of things or should i say ur blind hatred towards Disney-Star and not accepting ur mistakes.

If my honest views seem to u as being biased bcoz of ur misconceptions or just undermining the truth then maybe for all other people having neutral perspective it would clearly seem that u r being anti Disney-Star bcoz of whatever reasons.

I am not getting any free perks but just being a responsible, informed viewer who discusses about things as they stand and share my feedback with broadcasters too. You can twist n turn my statements but truth will always be the winner and cannot be ignored

But thrills is copied concept from UTV action, so here courtesy goes to 'Ronnie Screwala' , the UTV founder, remember 'UTV World Movies' . No network including disney star even thought to launch channel like that, they will launch dozons of hindi movie channels & will telecast same movies across their network in shuffled passion but will not dare to launch such kind of channel

Agree. Ronnie Screwala Sir pioneered and introduced revolutionary changes in the TV / Movie / Broadcast Landscsape. UTV Motion Pictures movie library, old UTV produced TV shows like the Iconic Shanti and launching channels like Bindass, Bindass Movies, UTV World Movies r a testimony of the kind of great efforts put by him and his team which were not only excellent initiatives but well ahead of time .

Having said that once Disney took over UTV they did manage all the UTV channels quite well and infact enhanced its movie library and channel offerings. However still UTV Action, UTV Movies used to air limited number of bollywood, dubbed hollywood movies and lots of dubbed south indian movies. It is after Disney took over / acquired Star India that there was huge expansion in Bollywood as well as Dubbed Hollywood movie library of these channels and Disney/Star really well managed these channels...now with Star Gold Romance , Star Gold Thrills they r further scaling up the entertainment quotient of these channels and even bringing great movie content to viewers thru their other hindi movie channels . In future we will see more such changes and interesting content being made available across their channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock