Star India gears up for launch of SMS HD, FX HD

zbridge88

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Star India is set to launch two high-definition (HD) channels in the English entertainment space, one of which is a movie channel, Star Movies Select. The company will also launch FX HD soon, the HD version of its channel FX. With the addition of the two channels, Star India can boast the largest bouquet in the English entertainment space, both in SD and in HD. Star India sources have confirmed that Star Movies Select HD will replace Fox Crime, which is going to be discontinued from 19 April. “Star Movies Select will be launched to replace Fox Crime. However, the date of launch is being worked out and could be later in April,” the source said. The HD channel will target a more evolved English audience who want to watch something more than the normal masala Hollywood flicks. “It will cater to people who want to watch more than the normal movies. One won’t see action movies like ‘The Avengers’ or ‘Captain America’ on Select. The channel’s slate will include films like ‘Gone Girl’, ‘Theory of Everything’, ‘Fault in Our Stars’, ‘Birdman’, ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’, etc.,” the source added. The channel will be headed by Nandini Singh, business head of all English movie channels at Star India—Star Movies, Star Movies HD, and Star Movies Action. Singh reports to Kevin Vaz. Meanwhile, FX HD is also expected to launch in the quarter ended June. Star’s English general entertainment channel portfolio comprising Star World Premiere HD, Star World, Star World HD, and FX is headed by Yogesh Manwani. Star India is also looking at two more channels in the English entertainment space. However, the plans are at the drawing board stage.

Read more at: Star India gears up for launch of Star Movies Select HD and FX HD | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

RE: Star India gears up for launch of Star Movies Select HD and FX HD

bravo :clap

so, FX HD coming up as well, in June :eek:hya

as well as 2 more ent. chnls, planning by Star :skd

RE: Star India gears up for launch of Star Movies Select HD and FX HD

So another channel is fx HD.great

RE: Star India gears up for launch of Star Movies Select HD & FX HD

Great news two new channel

shawl_who said:
so many HD chnls coming up our ways now..

SMS HD, FX HD, Z cafe HD, TEN HD2 etc etc.. :sp

already 46 hd channels r there
but they r never added in most of the dths

i wish adtv ll stick to its words this time - 50 hd channels n 500 channels+services

otherwise they have to give back the marwadi tagline

I hope comedy Central will soon realise what people are expecting from the channels and do the right thing. I guess they're the only one from English entertainment section yet to launch High Definition channel. Or am I missing any channel.

Prateek Marwadi said:
already 46 hd channels r there
but they r never added in most of the dths

i wish adtv ll stick to its words this time - 50 hd channels n 500 channels+services

otherwise they have to give back the marwadi tagline

All DTHs are having space concerns, barring dish tv.
2016 will be the breakthrough year...I believe, wherein, most of them wud have sorted out their problems with TP space. :k

Somehow I find star network far more aggressive than zee and MSM. They make an announcement and they stick by their word and win everyone's praise and heart. Zee cafe HD will at least get a home in dish tv but axn HD is still homeless.

zbridge88 said:
I hope comedy Central will soon realise what people are expecting from the channels and do the right thing. I guess they're the only one from English entertainment section yet to launch High Definition channel. Or am I missing any channel.

after AXN HD, Z cafe HD, FX HD ( as and when they launch), only CC HD wud be left :k
ITV Choice HD is already there! ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock