Good News Zee Cafe completes 24 Years

Rajkumar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Zee English was launched in the Indian subcontinent on 15 March 2000, as competition to Star World. Initially free-to-air, the channel was later encrypted as part of the Zee pay-television bouquet.[4] The launch came when Zee TV started opting for digital signals to provide better signal clarity. It launched alongside Zee Movies; ZEEL had signed agreements with MGM, Pearson, Fremantle, Carlton and Passport International.

The channel underwent a rebranding on 28 March 2005 and was renamed as Zee Café, along with a new logo and promotion deals.

The channel's high-definition feed was launched on 23 September 2015, for a bench test in limited markets and nationwide on 21 November 2015

Wikipedia.

Happy 24th Anniversary to "ZEE CAFE"

CDfwV1x.jpeg

XM9pQdH.png

vh2ynli.jpeg

Not from wikipedia. But fom bottom of my heart. Congratulations to Zee team for offering us the best of International content throughout last two decades. When Star was taking premium route. You were offering sitcoms like Cougar Town, Mike and Molly and The Big Bang Theory on your main channel along with US long before we had 4G and broadband. Not only that social media team always worked hard to keep pushing new content and create engagement. The only complaint was taking too long to launch an HD channel and occasionally bollywood talk shows. Otherwise everything was perfect. I still wish you would bring back The Secret Life of An American Teenager someday as you guys stopped airing the re-run midway. I am yet to complete it. Also you outlived your outdated competitor Star World because of which you were launched. Kudos! 😝

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock