Star India to launch two new HD sports channels

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 126
  • Views: Views 20,046
Yes these behind the scenes thing i was hoping for... Now just want it to be part of base pack like sms hd

Bro they are not saying that they will show 300 matches on two channels... they will show on star 1,2,4 also.

SPANDAN said:
How can 300 BPL games be broadcast on 2 channels. NEVER

When Sky Sports had the UEFA Champions League rights, they used to show 8 matches at the same time whose kick off time was the same.

Now the rights are with BT Sport and they do the same.

EPL has simultaneous kick off on Saturdays 730/830 pm when 4/5 matches minimum at same time and Bundesliga has 5 matches kick off at 7/8 pm on Saturdays. These will be shown mostly using the red button technology where the viewer would press the red button and can then like the active music channel there will be various Windows each showing one match and then one can select the match of their choice.

So one channel will show EPL and the other Bundesliga.

Thats what i m thinking but do you think Star will introduce Red button technology in india. As still its not introduced in india.

SPANDAN said:
Thats what i m thinking but do you think Star will introduce Red button technology in india. As still its not introduced in india.

That's what one of their guys told me unofficially.

Coz that's the only way they can show multiple games having same kick off times live on tv or else it will be like earlier years only when 6/7 matches from each EPL round was shown and approx 5 matches from each Bundesliga round.

Moreover there will be Formula 1 which will take one channel away if they don't follow this technology not to forget US Open will face similar problems from next year onwards. French Open and Wimbledon are at a time when there is no league football so it won't matter much.

Let's wait and watch.

Yes otherwise One channel for EPL n other for Bundesliga wont able to show matches. Coz at present also epl n bundesliga r on 2 or more channels. So Red button is must if they r just broadcasting on two SSS HD chnls as according to StarSports india chief as in Article.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock