Breaking Star Network will be launching 15 Channels and shutting down 10 channels

So which language left?bengali hindi english tamil telugu marathi kannada lanched.
Malyalam odia and asamese will be their pipeline

Bengali Marathi going to shut down
So which language left?bengali hindi english tamil telugu marathi kannada lanched.
Malyalam odia and asamese will be their pipeline
Marathi was not launched properly and not even distributed in single Dth Or cable platform hence not got trp and now it's going to shut down.

Last edited:
Times are changing fastly. People have less time to watch tv.
So only sports, News and some Hindi GEC channel will exist and others will be shutdown one after another. Who will wait to watch show/movies at a particular time when it is available any time over internet.

So it is a foolish decision to launch so many channels and then closing it.

They are even not launching SS 1 Malayalam😐
True they are not launching important sports channels in both Marathi & malayalam which is much needed now and launching useless HD regional sports channels, I have seen many people on Twitter demanding for Star Sports Marathi even politicians and organizations for Marathi language did still see their ignorance they don't want to loose hindi sports channel trp and forcing hindi on us even not letting us watch in Marathi.
They even didn't launched Star Sports Marathi properly no distribution how will they become successful? Now they closed bangla sports channel bcz of low trp & I don't know why they are not launching star sports malayalam maybe because of low population then other South States still they have right to watch sports in malayalam.

Last edited:
Times are changing fastly. People have less time to watch tv.
So only sports, News and some Hindi GEC channel will exist and others will be shutdown one after another. Who will wait to watch show/movies at a particular time when it is available any time over internet.

So it is a foolish decision to launch so many channels and then closing it.
Star India seems to be living in a parallel world. They are not aware of any changes taking place outside. (I actually laugh when I see their business strategies). Disney, NBC and Viacom they are growing digital subscription platforms by minimizing the number of linear channels. Sports do not need to have channels in so many languages when it comes to digital platforms. But only Indian broadcasters like Star India focus on the linear TV business. Needless to say, movie channels are absolutely stupid in today's internet age !!!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock