Breaking Star, Sony, Viacom18, Zee and more join hands against TRAI

For all channels in 3 languages and all FTA channels, sounds fine in current pricing.

But no one providing all channels in 3 languages in a single curated pack. I just checked Hathway west bengal, they have highest Rs 575 for HD package which has only 121 pay channels+FTA. My current SITI also not offering all channels in their highest SD curated pack Rs 440 for 220 channels. (important channels are missing like Sony Ten S,E,1,2 on them)
I had about 350 channels before 2019. and i can pay only 390 per month because i pay 590 for internet. (all price including gst)

But no one providing all channels in 3 languages in a single curated pack. I just checked Hathway west bengal, they have highest Rs 575 for HD package which has only 121 pay channels+FTA. My current SITI also not offering all channels in their highest SD curated pack Rs 440 for 220 channels. (important channels are missing like Sony Ten S,E,1,2 on them)
I had about 350 channels before 2019. and i can pay only 390 per month because i pay 590 for internet. (all price including gst)
For what you had previously, for a similar pack but with Kannada, I would have had to pay around 500rs in old pre-2019 tariff.

You should be hoping that the new 2020 amendments go through because it would probably lessen your price a bit atleast.

For me, I like this open system and choice to the consumer. My budget is 200rs per month and the current pricing also more than satisfies what we want in my home. I can now watch cricket and sports without getting fleeced out of 350rs minimum.

Any update on this.. Whether they are posting there channel boquets and alacarte upto 15th jan or not?

Discovery , Viacom 18 and Times group are giving us low priced packages or bouquets. But the main players like Star ,Zee are the main players those who charges us more. A big country like India , they have to reduce the price despite the revenue from the advt. HD channels alacarte prices must be lowered.The trai must act in this behalfand they order not a channel charge above Rs 7.

i don't like to select channels one by one. I WANT ALL (bengali, english, hindi). I watch tv about 1 to 1.30 hours per day
then you've to pay for ALL!

it's not 2014 anymore, people's income rate has changed, mobile network's price has changed, so why would TV services still be under 400rs?!

btw, if you're REALLY not happy, then why you're not supporting NTO 2020 which will bring down channel's price!
They will try to go to court and get a stay on this.
like they also did for 2017 NTO, but as a result the broadcasters got MORE MONEY! now they don't want their incoming huge money to become less, that's why they want NTO 2017, NOT this new 2020.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock