Breaking Star, Sony, Viacom18, Zee and more join hands against TRAI

they cant be stopped by anybody except god- for looting of general public hard earning money

If broadcaster gets a stay. TRAI can still enforce the new NCF rule?

No they can't enforce it, if courts orders to postpone the implementation.

Can the courts put a stay on it even after SC's verdict though?

Ofcourse yes. It has happened many times before in various cases. A single SC judges' verdict can be challenged at a SC bench, which in turn can be challenged again at a SC bench with CJI. There are instances where "SC bench with CJI" verdicts went for appeal at a bigger bench. Indian judiciary offers so many options, which are sometimes bad.

That is what I was asking Siva.
From news articles previously, they made it sound like SC gave complete power to TRAI to set any kind of rules with regards bouquet, discounting, etc.

SC gave full power to TRAI to "regulate broadcast services". If you look at chronological order, Madras HC called the bouquet discount capping as arbitrary and disallowed TRAI to enforce it. TRAI went to SC and it agreed with TRAI's view that broadcasters price alacarte more than bouquets to push bouquets. However it did not pass any orders regarding bouquet discount capping. It neither gave any pricing structure or rules. It just gave TRAI full authority to regulate the broadcast services.

Also SC did not prevent anyone from appealing to courts for any disagreement. So yes, broadcasters can go to court.

I had to do that to after trai rules. I still have it because SS1 english is not available in bengali 49 bouquets.
But I used get all channels before Trai rules by paying Rs just 380. Now i can't get even my favourites.
That is quite frankly shocking considering most people will get everything they want in 350-400rs.
Which operator are you using and what are your fav channels? Or are you watching stuff in 3-4 languages or everything in HD?

Last edited:
I had to do that to after trai rules. I still have it because SS1 english is not available in bengali 49 bouquets.
But I used get all channels before Trai rules by paying Rs just 380. Now i can't get even my favourites.
SS1 is English channel, so it's available in English 49 bouquet (not bengali)
We used to get all popular channels under 400rs until 2017, because then broadcaster's channel's price was below 9rs. Discussion - Comparison of broadcaster pricing in the old regime, new regime, TRAI's analysis for amending the NTO

yCNJSLG.jpg

Now NTO 2020 is forcing broadcasters to price their popular channels like old regime and price their sports channels at literally ANY!! so my question is if back then broadcasters were able to do that, so WHY CANNOT NOW?!

Last edited:
SS1 is English channel, so it's available in English 49 bouquet (not bengali)
We used to get all popular channels under 400rs until 2017, because then broadcaster's channel's price was below 9rs. Discussion - Comparison of broadcaster pricing in the old regime, new regime, TRAI's analysis for amending the NTO

yCNJSLG.jpg

Now NTO 2020 is forcing broadcasters to price their popular channels like old regime and price their sports channels at literally ANY!! so my question is if back then broadcasters were able to do that, so WHY CANNOT NOW?!
I just realized something. The percentage change column is wrong.

Ex: If 5rs was the old price, then the % change for 10rs is 100%, for 15rs in current pricing should be 200%. For 19rs, its close to 300%.
The table actually portrays the new rates of broadcasters as less drastic than it actually is.

Last edited:
If Anyway they succeed in their intentions.. Consumers are there to teach them a lessons by not subscribing their channels...
If Anyway they succeed in their intentions.. Consumers are there to teach them a lessons by not subscribing their channels...
Dear everyone is not like us.. There are lots of rich people and they don't bother about unsubscribing the channels...

@IamTRoy4 , @KGF

Okay look.
What i want is, All sports channel, all english, all bengali, all hindi... that's all. i have no fixed channel or program, it depends on mood. i love everything. i love cartoon, food, travel, international news, sports, comedy shows, songs, music, infotainment, movie. wild life, sometimes devotional. That is the reason to buy a TV. So i can watch all the events in the world. One day i was watching a Vikram's Movie on a tamil channel which i accidentally dialed but it was quite good then i saw the climax scene. but now i can't do that.

SO that's why i don't like to select channels one by one. I WANT ALL (bengali, english, hindi). I watch tv about 1 to 1.30 hours per day and hate TV serial or crime series.

I had hathway cable connection till sep 2019. then my lco gave us siti cable connection. Rs 380 was their (hathway) highest package which i had before doomsday. but from 2019. everything got ruined. their package became costly about 580 for all channel. So I had to pay 130+20+18% just for NCF. Selected some 110 channels. By paying same amount.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock