DDF Exclusive "Star Sports 1 Kannada" Launching From 16 November (Replacing Channel V)

• Thread starter Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 129
  • Views Views: Views 40,219
Status
Not open for further replies.
@zaxotes, @Shashank: I apologize if I have offended you both. Only now, after you both have informed, that I have come to understand that Kannada is a very large market.
Generally Telugu channels make bigger numbers than Kannada ones. All four of the big Telugu GECs always come within the top 15 (if not 10) channels of India by viewership, but no Kannada channel comes. Similarly the Tollywood industry is more well-known at a national level than the Sandalwood industry. This is why I was surprised that a Star Sports channel in Kannada is being launched before a Telugu channel. If there is a market for a particular language, the network will surely launch a channel. I now understand that while in the GEC and film world Telugu channels are always ahead of Kannada channels, this may not be so in sports.
Kindly accept my apologies.:hands:

@zaxotes, @Shashank: I apologize if I have offended you both. Only now, after you both have informed, that I have come to understand that Kannada is a very large market.
Generally Telugu channels make bigger numbers than Kannada ones. All four of the big Telugu GECs always come within the top 15 (if not 10) channels of India by viewership, but no Kannada channel comes. Similarly the Tollywood industry is more well-known at a national level than the Sandalwood industry. This is why I was surprised that a Star Sports channel in Kannada is being launched before a Telugu channel.
If there is a market for a particular language, the network will surely launch a channel. I now understand that while in the GEC and film world Telugu channels are always ahead of Kannada channels, this may not be so in sports.
Kindly accept my apologies.:hands:

First of all it doesn't look like an apology rather more of a taunting reply, but i don't need an apology also.

I never said kannada tv industry or film industry is bigger than telugu industry, I know the truth. but I'm happy with my small tv industry and small film industry.It is providing more than enough entertainment to me.
since you asked why kannada, I replied with why not kannada.

It is not just the market size that decides the channel's fate. Individual channel performance also matters. For example tamil is bigger market than kannada but colors kannada has more viewership than zee tamil(a channel in smaller market has more viewership than a channel in bigger market).
It is not optimal to compare the channel's performance with market size(also we cannot completely ignore market size, it also matters in some way).

It is star india's decision and we don't know what their strategy is.

Finally, if tomorrow some network decides to launch some channel in a market which is smaller than kannada market, I will never ask "why they are launching in that market instead of kannada?", rather i wait for them to launch in kannada and will enjoy watching the channel once it is launched.

Thank you

Very interesting and excited to know about Kannada sports channel.... Waiting for Kannada scoreboard, Kannada commentary, Kannada advertisement during match hours and beyond... Great Kannada market, may be Star India trying to seize it's required market share in Karnataka.

This is how star sports 1 kannada will look on TV. just to give you glimpse before actual addition.

52a2b7640413963.jpg

I have added team names in Kannada which are Chennai & Delhi for Indian super league along with program name in Kannada.

Also added dreamdth as dth service logo at the right bottom.

All translation has done using Google translate & I can't read the Kannada language so the used words might be wrong as I can't cross-check.

Give your reviews :tup:

Indian Super League would read better than Bharatiya Super League. :lol: I can read a little Kannada and Malayalam but I don't know to speak them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom