Breaking Star Sports 1 Tamil HD & Telugu HD Started On AsiaSat 7 At 105.5°E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who doesn't want both Star World channels to shut down? Disney has killed the channel with that Koffee nonsense. I used to be a big Star World fan as a kid, but the channel was dead long ago.
Bro,We all know of koffee nonsense, It is the emotion with the channel that keeps saying that you air cringe & rerun shows but don't shutdown completely.

Who doesn't want both Star World channels to shut down? Disney has killed the channel with that Koffee nonsense. I used to be a big Star World fan as a kid, but the channel was dead long ago.
I wouldn't be even upset if the channel got a proper run before it's shutdown. Shameful thing is they got a massive HBO and Disney library not properly used. They are just too scared. Just look at what happened with Channel V. They wanted to shutdown. But ratings didn't gave excuse to do same. They waited months despite filling that channel with Star Gold Select movies along with some re-runs of Channel V shows which backfired and made it even more popular. Than they did it anyway. If they shutdown Star World while it is popular. It will go against Disney's way of spreading Americana to the World. This is bigger than any political or military alliance. So they wouldn't dare to do same. They slowly killed Star World off with nonsense.

I wouldn't be even upset if the channel got a proper run before it's shutdown. Shameful thing is they got a massive HBO and Disney library not properly used. They are just too scared. Just look at what happened with Channel V. They wanted to shutdown. But ratings didn't gave excuse to do same. They waited months despite filling that channel with Star Gold Select movies along with some re-runs of Channel V shows which backfired and made it even more popular. Than they did it anyway. If they shutdown Star World while it is popular. It will go against Disney's way of spreading Americana to the World. This is bigger than any political or military alliance. So they wouldn't dare to do same. They slowly killed Star World off with nonsense.

i agree with you bro they could have made into a mix channel with few shows from HBO, DISNEY.... they could have turn channel for youngsters by having shows, cartoons from disney(new and old), english music and movies... would have been a really good channel...they could have aired old shows aswell from star world

We have already discussed multiple times why Channel V was shut down (bcoz expenses incurred outweighed revenue) and even about Star World, Star World Premiere being closed so won't repeat.

Also just to let u know that Disney had planned to shut down Star World, SWP JD long back but due ongoing tussle about NTO 2.0 implementation same got delayed. Also ur point about these channels not airing popular content before shutdown is again invalid...all thru 2019 until about September 2021 Star World Premiere HD aired whole lot shows from HBO , 20th Century Studio, Showtime etc. and these included new season of many shows....also Star World also aired lot of new content in this period....had the long delay in NTO 2.0 implementation not happened then these channels would have shut down just as planned after airing popular content. Post September 2021 they would have stopped renewing TV broadcast rights of almost all shows and hence Koffee With Karan repeats became mainstay on these channels apart from Daily hollywood movies,,New Season of MasterChef US/Australia/Junior and some other shows being aired on Star World until sometime back

We have already discussed multiple times why Channel V was shut down (bcoz expenses incurred outweighed revenue) and even about Star World, Star World Premiere being closed so won't repeat.

Also just to let u know that Disney had planned to shut down Star World, SWP JD long back but due ongoing tussle about NTO 2.0 implementation same got delayed. Also ur point about these channels not airing popular content before shutdown is again invalid...all thru 2019 until about September 2021 Star World Premiere HD aired whole lot shows from HBO , 20th Century Studio, Showtime etc. and these included new season of many shows....also Star World also aired lot of new content in this period....had the long delay in NTO 2.0 implementation not happened then these channels would have shut down just as planned after airing popular content. Post September 2021 they would have stopped renewing TV broadcast rights of almost all shows and hence Koffee With Karan repeats became mainstay on these channels apart from Daily hollywood movies,,New Season of MasterChef US/Australia/Junior and some other shows being aired on Star World until sometime back
That proves my point bro. They are trying to fuel life into it when it was about to shutdown to show we tried. People didn't watch. Despite airing Koffee with Karan nonstop since last 3 years on 3 channels Star World, Star World HD and Star World Premiere HD no less.

When starsports tamil hd will launch in airtel dth?

i agree with you bro they could have made into a mix channel with few shows from HBO, DISNEY.... they could have turn channel for youngsters by having shows, cartoons from disney(new and old), english music and movies... would have been a really good channel...they could have aired old shows aswell from star world

Ofcourse some new innovative content strategy for revamping their English GEC channels would have been a great decision. Already discussed upon this earlier that they can come up with a youth channel too and even kids movie channel. Hopefully in near future they will work on this as with right type of content and pricing all kind of channels can still perform extremely well on TV (linear mode).

I believe as they would have been working on bringing certain changes for a long time hence it would have been difficult to rollback most of such decisions as lot of efforts, money, planning would have gone into. So we can give Disney-Star benefit of doubt for not reconsidering some of the decisions now being implemented after long pause and hence hope that in future they come up with interesting strategy to reenter English GEC genre and other genres which still lie untapped and have huge potential to succeed on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock