Star Sports 4K Service Launching on Tata Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jio Cinema and Star Sports r providing IPL in 4K only with English Commentary

Jio Cinema 4K Feed with Hindi Commentary.
2L4ZaYp.jpg

Are you an extremely wealthy niche viewer?

Ask him instead if he is okay to pay Rs. 300 for watching IPL if same is provided on a 4K channel on TV or subscribe to premium OTT plan at Rs. 1500 when same is charged in coming years. Also do ask him if how many inches 4K TV he has and what broadband plan he has subscribed to.

Even i can take picture of free 4K content from being streamed free or part of my OTT subscription as i watch it on mobile or 32/42 inch TV even using broadband/mobile internet....that is not a big deal.

Anyways buddy u r still trying to understand what i said and basically saying .....there is huge difference between sampling a content and being its regular viewer. The regular viewer of 4K content who has access to Over 55 inches Smart TV or a big screen TV with Smart/Android Box or Fire Stick, a broadband connection which provides good+consistent speed and 4K OTT subscription plan r still far too less in numbers hence this is a super premium segment whether u agree or not. HD channels itself is a premium segment though there the internet and OTT factors do not apply there

Reactions: RdX
Jio Cinema 4K Feed with Hindi Commentary.
2L4ZaYp.jpg

Buddy i was referring to IPL not WPL. Anyways u can read these articles to better understand things...even on TV IPL is consumed on SD channels by 90% of audience so u can just imagine what is the case with OTT streaming let alone 4K streaming wherein there would be even more minute audience base compared to overall viewer base of IPL

Ask him instead if he is okay to pay Rs. 300 for watching IPL if same is provided on a 4K channel on TV or subscribe to premium OTT plan at Rs. 1500 when same is charged in coming years. Also do ask him if how many inches 4K TV he has and what broadband plan he has subscribed to.

Even i can take picture of free 4K content from being streamed free or part of my OTT subscription as i watch it on mobile or 32/42 inch TV even using broadband/mobile internet....that is not a big deal.

Anyways buddy u r still trying to understand what i said and basically saying .....there is huge difference between sampling a content and being its regular viewer. The regular viewer of 4K content who has access to Over 55 inches Smart TV or a big screen TV with Smart/Android Box or Fire Stick, a broadband connection which provides good+consistent speed and 4K OTT subscription plan r still far too less in numbers hence this is a super premium segment whether u agree or not. HD channels itself is a premium segment though there the internet and OTT factors do not apply there
75% of broadband houses have 50" smart tv or with smart stick now with Hotstar & Amazon Prime OTT subscriptions. Broadband is normal/necessary from 2020 for online classes of 1st std student homes, but people in villages are still rely on mobile data and DTH/Cable tv for entertainment.

75% of broadband houses have 50" smart tv or with smart stick now with Hotstar & Amazon Prime OTT subscriptions. Broadband is normal/necessary from 2020 for online classes of 1st std student homes, but people in villages are still rely on mobile data and DTH/Cable tv for entertainment.
I disagree 90% users does. Dude 32 inches TVs are available from ₹8k. You can even get 24 inch led tv for a price of CRT TV.

Broadband is normal/necessary from 2020 for online classes of 1st std student homes, but people in villages are still rely on mobile data and DTH/Cable tv for entertainment.
Villagers also want broadband connections.But the problem is that companies don't want to provide the connection.
Take my village as an example, companies don't want to provide connection, and if I want to get the connection, they say that I have to pay for all the equipment including fiber optic cost and labor cost as well.
And the total cost is 18000-20000

Last edited:
Villagers also want broadband connections.But the problem is that companies don't want to provide the connection.
Take my village as an example, companies don't want to provide connection, and if I want to get the connection, they say that I have to pay for all the equipment including fiber optic cost and labor cost as well.
Same bro.
They say that only for you we cannot take broadband to your village.

Bro the point is villagers also wants Broadband Connection but the problem is they go individually to ask for broadband and Broadband Companies gives same reply that ONLY FOR YOU we cannot install it.

These Broadband Providers are such mad that ones if Broadbands gets spread in Villages that slowly and gradually it can occupied most of the houses.

Buddy, broadband homes r very small in number compared to whole TV universe. Anyways those having Large Screen 4K TV + OTT subscription + broadband connection and using it to watch TV Channels / OTT Content, watch complete match on it r very small in numbers. 4K remains a super premium segment and regular OTT + HD TV + Broadband combo users remain a premium segment. Within this too hybrid users (Regular DTH/Cable + OTT ) users still r quite high than those just relying on OTT to stream content.

As i have said there is a difference between being a user who has completely shifted to OTT, hybrid DTH/Cable + OTT and Traditional DTH/Cable user. 1st one r extremely small in numbers,,2nd segment is growing but still quite small and third one forms 95% base as to how viewers consume content.....i am not talking about sampling content on mobile but how content is consumed properly like watch a full match or movies etc. In traditional DTH / Cable too on a average around 80 to 90% people still usually opt for SD channels to watch content, this % may vary little bit across channels available in different genres

Last edited:
Reactions: RdX
Buddy, broadband homes r very small in number compared to whole TV universe. Anyways those having Large Screen 4K TV + OTT subscription + broadband connection and using it to watch TV Channels / OTT Content, watch complete match on it r very small in numbers. 4K remains a super premium segment and regular OTT + HD TV + Broadband combo users remain a premium segment. Within this too hybrid users (Regular DTH/Cable + OTT ) users still r quite high than those just relying on OTT to stream content.

As i have said there is a difference between being a user who has completely shifted to OTT, hybrid DTH/Cable + OTT and Traditional DTH/Cable user. 1st one r extremely small in numbers,,2nd segment is growing but still quite small and third one forms 95% base as to how viewers consume content.....i am not talking about sampling content on mobile but how content is consumed properly like watch a full match or movies etc. In traditional DTH / Cable too on a average around 80 to 90% people still usually opt for SD channels to watch content, this % may vary little bit across channels available in different genres
Wireline Broadband connected homes are
3.235 crores as per TRAI as on 31-12-2022, Cable/DTH connected homes are around 10 crores. so, it is not a small portion.
51S6a6Y.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock