Star Sports 4K Service Launching on Tata Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not showing channel no in my binge+ box, only show 2 internet channels travel xp 4k hdr and saibaba live channel, any update coming in binge+ box to available starsports 4k?

Okay, now I get it. It's a satellite service channel. If they do this over the internet. It would be illegal as Jio has the streaming rights.

It will not be illegal buddy as they r making it available only to DTH/Cable TV platforms as a regular service channel and not as an OTT service.

Remember even Jio is planning to bring in Jio Cable wherein end user can access IPL feed on Jio Cinema app and connect the mobile/device to their TV via Jio Cable to watch the action on big screen.

Similarly here end user is getting the Star Sports 4K service channel on a regular LCN via their DTH operator, DTH operator is free to receive such a channel from broadcaster via satellite or internet mode but in the end they r providing the same to their customers as a regular service channel and not as an OTT service.

It is cost effective for Star Sports too if they run this channel via server / internet than satellite and even for an operator it helps save on bandwidth.

What infact confuses me is that how hindi movie channels of different broadcasters are available on various OTT platforms and r airing movies whose digital rights these broadcasters do not hold. Till now i have seen only Times Network movie channels block the transmission of channels for the period when it aired a movie whose rights they did not have when these were available on Airtel XStream Apo. Maybe there is some understanding between broadcasters and concerned OTT platforms for such kind of streaming of a movie on Live TV Channels available via apps

Currently only on Binge+ STB and Apps with Mega plan subscription It'll be available . Basically Its Free you just need to have Subscribed to Disney+Hotstar. In STB I'll be free service with active account.

If it remains to be an Internet based channel then it is best for Tata Play customers to stream IPL in 4K by installing Jio Cinema app on their binge box

Dude I think You are living in Multiverse. Smart / Android boxes are very less as compared to HD boxes.

Dude, where did HD box come into this conversation and why r u mentioning it? HD STB do not support 4K resolution and irrelevant to this topic

Still not showing channel no in my binge+ box, only show 2 internet channels travel xp 4k hdr and saibaba live channel, any update coming in binge+ box to available starsports 4k?
Same here. Earlier there were lot of channels on binge set top box started from 2000 channel number. Now only 2 channels are present which you mentioned. @dino29 do you know why ?

If this is a internet channel. This can not brodcast ipl because digital rights with Viacom. Satellite rights with star not digital.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock