Star Sports 4K Service Launching on Tata Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, where did HD box come into this conversation and why r u mentioning it? HD STB do not support 4K resolution and irrelevant to this topic
Bro You were saying that there is no need for Satellite 4k channel as most of the users are having Smart/Android Boxes.
I m saying Most of the users have normal HD box not Android/4k box.

On Request Of SIPL,, They Will Not Hesitate To Drop Some SD / HD Channels And Launch 4K Channel

(We All Know Star Shutting Down Few SD And HD Channels, Replacement May Be Or May Not Happen Immediately),,
Interesting. Other operators can also do this. Though I don't care if Airtel does it as I'm having HD box and not planning on subscribing the channel for 30d upfront.
I'm waiting for Star Sports 1 Tamil HD as, if they launch, it might get added to my base pack automatically. If I don't like the commentary, then will watch in Jio Cinema. Operators/ Star might also likely keep the launch of other Star channels on hold and launch Star Sports 1 Tamil HD and Star Sports 1 Telugu HD on priority to cater regional IPL audience also.

Last edited:
So do I and many others. Why would we buy 4K set top boxes if 4K content itself was not available? And the OS of TVs itself are smart. Even android boxes aren't appealing until now.

Smart/ANDROID Boxes of operators r brought to view regular TV Channels as well as OTT . One has many options to stream various content in 4K, DTH/Cable operators themselves can provide a 4K channel is same is made available to them via broadcaster. Launching In House 4K channel and providing it for free at low price to customers is a a loss making proposition for a DTH /Cable operators.

Your above argument would have held weidhtage 6 years back when costly 4K boxes were launched by some operators but no 4K content was made available to the customers

Same here. Earlier there were lot of channels on binge set top box started from 2000 channel number. Now only 2 channels are present which you mentioned. @dino29 do you know why ?

Buddy get intouch with Tata Play customer support team and appraise them about the issue being faced by u. It seems to be either some technical glitch or wrong Bouquet ID has been activated on ur DTH Account thus disabling access to certain internet based channels

Buddy get intouch with Tata Play customer support team and appraise them about the issue being faced by u. It seems to be either some technical glitch or wrong Bouquet ID has been activated on ur DTH Account thus disabling access to certain internet based channels
I called them and they told me there are no channels above 2000

Dont know what to do now

Airtel will also follow Tata in this before ipl they will also force to launch.Any way its a streaming channel no need of bandwidth

Bro You were saying that there is no need for Satellite 4k channel as most of the users are having Smart/Android Boxes.
I m saying Most of the users have normal HD box not Android/4k box.

What has HD box got to do with 4K channel? Only 4K and android boxes provided by operators support 4K Resolution and i just stated that as 4K boxes have largely been replaced by Tata Play with Binge Boxes at customer end hence Star Sports 4K channel can b made available via internet mode on Binge Boxes thereby help save bandwidth for Tata Play.

What is the need to have it as a satellite based channel when all Binge Boxes support internet based streaming

I called them and they told me there are no channels above 2000

Dont know what to do now

Buddy contact their nodal as well as Twitter / Social Media Team, they will call u back and help u out on this.

Also try rescanning channels on ur binge box

Buddy contact their nodal as well as Twitter / Social Media Team, they will call u back and help u out on this.

Also try rescanning channels on ur binge box
Sure

Please DM me the procedure to rescan channels on binge box

Star has only Satellite TV Rights so They have to provide this 4k channel via satellite only. They can not use internet for that.

Star can't use internet to provide IPL & jio can't use satellite to provide IPL (even to jio fiber users)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock