Star Sports receives permission to broadcast in regional languages, 4 new channels

Just wondering, what will Star cricket Asia broadcast :huh

Also, whts d need to launch SS Highlights chnl, when majority of the time, they are only showing highlights of old cricket matches on all SS chnls :p

Rushil.D said:
where are those star sports defamers :lol bad news for them :D

Dear thats the fact since the star slipped from ESPN their content quality is super poor i hardly watch these channels other than live telecast because of poor content previously they used to show good matches but now same thing again and again

they just want to make money and dont want to improve their content

Above all they also has world ugliest channel logos

True that now a days the programs/contents in Star Sports barring Live events r not upto the mark.. During Test even i didnt activated SS HD channel.. Most r repeated... Actually how much a channel can telecast live events like Cricket ? they has to repeat old contents from their library itslef..
Now they r starting a new channel for heighlights [i think so as the name suggests] ..Yes these channels r to make money.. we DTH subscribers ha sto pay more surely ..as they will split their contents in other new channels.

I too believe, that they dont need so many sports chnls, bcoz quite frankly, they dont have so much sporting content, apart from Cricket.

I mean they dont really show, basketball, baseball, rugby, table tennis, Even soccer they have limited rights.

They ll put 2 or 3 live sporting events on these new chnls, are rest of d time will show old contents/highlights only :s, in d process will earn loads of money.

Thus only a money making gimmick, in my opinion :dodgy

there were days when after adding neo sports and neo cricket dishtv claimed they have highest no. Of sports channel(i.e 10).
But now a single brand called star sports will have 10 sports channels..

Waste of money

Rushil.D said:
where are those star sports defamers :lol bad news for them :D

Yes I have to take Sanyas and live into the Mountain :wall

Because I am not able to digest the Bhajans of BCCI, Shrini, Mr. Dhoni, Kohli :dodgy

and Pravachan of Shastri, Gavaskar, Bhogle, Menon, Kapil, Lal Ji, Sidhu Ji :angry

So in last 2 years Star Sports started a revolution by branding all their channels in sequence, when we are habituated to see Star Sports, ESPN or Star Cricket from the very beginning of our live sports industry in south-east Asia. Actually it was nice to have channel name according to its target sports.

They taught us 1 2 3 4 is the start of new era. Now they want to start from the scratch again with differential naming policy and will surely advertise it like LATEST SPORTS REVOLUTION.....START OF REGIONAL BOOM....ETC ETC.

Of course i want more sports channels in SD and HD but please stop playing with the viewers. Whats the problem with SS5, SS6 or SSHD3?

And i think a 24 X 7 news channel will be more appreciable that a highlights channel.

Guys, please read the news article carefully. The new channel applications were made by the earlier ESPNSTAR JV hence the names of ESPN and ESPN HD are there.

Now the channels will be named SS5 onwards only. ESPN is not coming back. Their JV with Star is over but Star bought them out.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock