Breaking Star to consider launching more regional sports channels(Kannada & telugu)

• Thread starter Thread starter Shantanu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 21
  • Views Views: Views 11,252
Tamil and Malayalam are almost same.
somewhat true.. both language have many common words..
nd even some words hav got same meaning..
but majority of the people don't know the exact tamil language meaning, as Kamal once said in BB Tamil grammer vera, Malayalam grammer vera and they won't understand the language (except Palakkad & Thiruvanathapuram which shares border with Coimbatore & Kanyakumari)

but they hate Malayalam commentary and dubings. People get infuriated by stupid Malayalam commentary because of lack of quality and most here understand Hindi and English.
completely agree with this point.. i hate watching in Malayalam, and so other regional languages..
i can also give another example for this.. English Movies in TN & AP are released in the theater as dubbed versions of Tamil and Telugu.. But in Kerala it is released as such.

Why not have just one channel of each type and provide multiple language feeds instead of having separate dedicated language channels?

Because on a single channel with multiple Audio feeds the scoreboard will be in only 1 language, while on a sperate channel the scoreboard will be in that particular language. For studio talk which is conducted before/after the match, multiple Audio feeds won't work.

Another point to consider: More Channels = More ads = More revenue

Last edited:
Because on a single channel with multiple Audio feeds the scoreboard will be in only 1 language, while on a sperate channel the scoreboard will be in that particular language. For studio talk which is conducted before/after the match, multiple Audio feeds won't work.

Another point to consider: More Channels = More ads = More revenue
Fully agree with first 2 points but bro for advertisers, more chs = less demands for ad slots as advertisers have too many choices to show their ads = less revenue for broadcaster

Am I missing something?

Fully agree with first 2 points but bro for advertisers, more chs = less demands for ad slots as advertisers have too many choices to show their ads = less revenue for broadcaster

Am I missing something?
Point (y)

But what if in reality many advertisers are waiting in the line and are not getting a slot on the existing channels even after offering huge money ? ;)

Last edited:
Point (y)

But what if in reality many advertisers are waiting in the line and are not getting a slot on the existing channels ? ;)
I only see ads for selected few brands on TV and these ads just repeat themselves. I think number will not go beyond 30 brands. Recent addition is from Mr Ramdev's patanjali.

Am I missing something?

What If there is company who is producing products for only one state. Why will they push ad on national channel if they are not going to get revenue from any other state.

Regional channels have benefit from such local companies.

What If there is company who is producing products for only one state. Why will they push ad on national channel if they are not going to get revenue from any other state.

Regional channels have benefit from such local companies.
So national chs will lose the revenue from these brands. So it will decrease revenue for broadcaster as regional chs ad rate will be less than national ch

So national chs will lose the revenue from these brands. So it will decrease revenue for broadcaster as regional chs ad rate will be less than national ch

Ad rate totally depends on viewership.

Not always regional channels are having less ad rates. For eg. Suntv is even ahead of many national channels in viewership. So ad rate will be more at Suntv than national channels.

Many national companies are there in line. No channel will get decrease in adrate as they are getting good viewership.

Yes, on Aajtak 1 out of every 2 ad is of Patanjali where Ramdev comes and says that boycott foreign companies :haha :grin

Yeah he is trying to restart Swadeshi Movement from where Gandhi ji left

Back
Top Bottom