Star To Launched 2 HD Sports Channel on Feb 1,One in Hindi

They are going in line with Sky Sports. They have 5 SD channels and mirror HD channels. But they have a huge variety of sports content which has been equally distributed on each channel. For, star it's only cricket which they will telecast on 4-5 channels including HD. For majority of the year it's only cricket highlights. All other sports are relegated to SS4 which is already cramping for space due clash of match timings in various leagues. So if they are trying to lure more money out of these channels, then it's not going to work unless they give equal importance to other sports.

I think praks001's post says everything i want to say. For the last 2 years Star Sports HD1 is almost isolated and there is lots of new Indian sports tournament emerging in this time. So without new HD channel they cant broadcast international sports like 2011/12 before BCCI deal. Now all i hope there will a an equilibrium between Cricket+Indian Sports vs International Football/Tennis/F1

praks001 said:
They are going in line with Sky Sports. They have 5 SD channels and mirror HD channels. But they have a huge variety of sports content which has been equally distributed on each channel. For, star it's only cricket which they will telecast on 4-5 channels including HD. For majority of the year it's only cricket highlights. All other sports are relegated to SS4 which is already cramping for space due clash of match timings in various leagues. So if they are trying to lure more money out of these channels, then it's not going to work unless they give equal importance to other sports.

But u cannot just blame broadcaster also for running cricket related shows as we Indians are die hard Cricket Fan. Just compare a HIL/ISL/PKL match with IPL match. U will get your answer

shuknopata said:
I think praks001's post says everything i want to say. For the last 2 years Star Sports HD1 is almost isolated and there is lots of new Indian sports tournament emerging in this time. So without new HD channel they cant broadcast international sports like 2011/12 before BCCI deal. Now all i hope there will a an equilibrium between Cricket+Indian Sports vs International Football/Tennis/F1

Did u miss any Football/Tennis/F1 match in HD due to cricket broadcast(live or replay) ? I think u didn't

They can took WWE rights in recently bid but didnt got it.. Its can take their profit on new highs but not took it seriously by Star..:s :s :angry

Of course brother. Last 23rd November'14 we missed Formula 1 season finale in HD at Dubai where Nico and Hamilton was head to head to win the 2014 title. It was only on SD.
And in December 2014 alone weve missed most probably 4 real madrid+barcelona la liga matches in their network. They weren't televised in SD or HD. I watched the match on live stream.

* I followed Formula 1 and La Liga closely. EPL or other sports lover can add something to the list.

I am just hoping there schedule will be much more better because of SSHD4, as SSHD3 is Hindi only.

prateek1987 said:
so bro. the prices of all star sports channels r almost same in all the dths n msos.
so where is the q of RIO here?

Broadcasters generally dont do RIO deals with DTH operators mainly due to the transparency in the number of subscribers. But they do RIO deals with MSO's like Hathway etc. You can check the RIO rates for Star channels on its website - http://www.startv.com/digital-analog-and-dthRate-cards.aspx

ayanc99 said:
Broadcasters generally dont do RIO deals with DTH operators mainly due to the transparency in the number of subscribers. But they do RIO deals with MSO's like Hathway etc. You can check the RIO rates for Star channels on its website - http://www.startv.com/digital-analog-and-dthRate-cards.aspx

i m using den networks. i m getting ss2 n ss3 in just 34rs. i.e. 30+tax.
den is also a mso. so how it cud b possible to charge just 30rs for the two channels?

if rates r same as shown in the website, then they r the fake ones.
if u calculate all the paid channels price then how all the paid channels came into 230rs?

Please read the RIO agreement. The rate depends on lot of other factors for which the broadcaster provides incentive to the MSO, DTH etc depending on the LCN, penetration, no of subscribers etc. So those factors have to be taken into account also.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock