Breaking Sun Direct partners Harmonic to add 80 HD channels

No new channels as of now. My sources said to wait till 18th nov. They are trying to add back the blank screen channels after that.

Wow Superb News.....means Sun Direct becoming 3rd Highest HD channels...list:cheers::cheers:

hmm... I really doubt they can offer 80 HEVC format channels :no:

it wud take abt 3 to 4 times more space than that of a HD chnl, do they have so much space :skd:
Remember, some time back, RDTV came up wid a campaign, that they are offering all 250 chnls in HD quality, but they were not true HD :explode:

Ok bro if they are saying in info channel it may already be HEVC. BTW in scan what does Type(H.264=>) mean?
Does it mean h.264 is the current type or h.264 has been renamed?

H.264 means MPEG4.

In scan result the available before => is the old one and the value available after this symbol is the changed one.

H.264 means MPEG4.

In scan result the available before => is the old one and the value available after this symbol is the changed one.

Thanks for the info. Yes H.264 is MPEG 4 Part 10 (There is also MPEG 4 Part 2/ ISO/IEC 14496-2).
Anyway H.264 was replaced with blank so they did not mention the new 'Type'. If it's HEVC how could they deploy without fully replacing HD STBs?
hmm... I really doubt they can offer 80 HEVC format channels :no:

it wud take abt 3 to 4 times more space than that of a HD chnl, do they have so much space :skd:
You are confusing HEVC compression with 4K channel. 4K may take 3-4 times space of HD but this is HD channel with same advanced compression. So space will be less.

You can apply HEVC to any resolution and get bandwidth reduction in comparison to H.264
DUjE8O.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Yes H.264 is MPEG 4 Part 10 (There is also MPEG 4 Part 2/ ISO/IEC 14496-2).
Anyway H.264 was replaced with blank so they did not mention the new 'Type'. If it's HEVC how could they deploy without fully replacing HD STBs?
What Are You Saying Bro?

Sun Direct Already replaced all HD STB To HEVC STB:eek:k:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock