DDF Exclusive Sun Direct waiting for the approval of 4 TPs in Measat 3B.

• Thread starter Thread starter Raja Chennai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 358
  • Views Views: Views 56,615
Status
Not open for further replies.
One TP should be enough to support 35 SD channels and 15 HD channels on MPEG-4. They have 4 new TPs. They can spare one TP for HD, and take total HD to 100.
I Think 110 HD Channels Possible In 4 Existing Tps Of Gsat Using HEVC Technology.(Right Now They Are Carrying Only 60 HD Channels.

Last edited:
tdy i spoke with technician who came for changing lnb.he changed sharp lnb and wen asked about Channel addition he told 1st they are planning to add sd channels.in Tamil he said they R going to add around 15 channels and wen asked about zee Tamil hd Ge said they won't add 1 channel instead they will add in groups.so v expect some hd channels in cmg days...

But the statement from the technology provider clearly said 20 channels per TP.
See this Sun Direct Deploys India’s First All-IP HEVC DTH Delivery Workflow With Harmonic - Harmonic

"Harmonic’s Electra™ X2 encoder and ProStream® multiplexer enable Sun Direct to deliver an additional 80 HD channels from four transponders to subscribers, with crystal-clear video quality at the lowest possible bitrates."

I Think 110 HD Channels Possible In 4 Existing Tps Of Gsat Using HEVC Technology.(Right Now They Are Carrying Only 60 HD Channels.

Last edited:
But the statement from the technology provider clearly said 20 channels per TP.
See this Sun Direct Deploys India’s First All-IP HEVC DTH Delivery Workflow With Harmonic - Harmonic

"Harmonic’s Electra™ X2 encoder and

ProStream® multiplexer enable Sun Direct to deliver an additional 80 HD channels from four transponders to subscribers, with crystal-clear video quality at the lowest possible bitrates."
I dont think sundirect really needs worry about hd section as of now.because we have hd channels on a count of 90 or less than that comprising of north channels but missing 10 channels is k in contrast of missing 200 channels. I think they will get one tp from gsat 15 when required

Last edited:
Hi guys, any update?? Is there any possibility for new channels before Pongal.?

When I manually added those tp I am getting 57% signal but no channels. What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom