Breaking Sun TV plans to convert Sun Life as second Tamil GEC from 7th October

• Thread starter Thread starter Viki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 79,458
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zee tamil is more dangerous competitor against Sun tv than Vijay tv. Vijay tv boost their ratings through shows like Bigboss, when it ends ratings decline. But Zee tamil serials are increasing ratings.Serials are powerful one they clicked it is harder to pullout. Sun realizes the situation through new gec they plan to grab and secure audiences from other channels.

Yes no doubt as per content wise Zee Tamil is strong that's why they are looking to launch Movie channel in Tamil in Q1 of 2019 since they already have good number of movie gallary and keep on grabbing satelite rights of tamil films.

The main reason behind second gec is that they also have plans to launch the reality shows like their competitiors but existing slot of their flagship channel sun tv have no space for that which mainly contains fictional content.

In simple words sun tv is for fictional audience and sun life is for non fictional audience.

The main reason behind second gec is that they also have plans to launch the reality shows like their competitiors but existing slot of their flagship channel sun tv have no space for that which mainly contains fictional content.
The new gec may contains some reality shows, dubbed contents, movies etc.
But I don't know whether non fiction from Sun works or not.

Additionally i came to know that kalanidhi maran's daughter who aleady head for sun music have given some higher work do deal

Last edited:
They too have 25 years of experience bro..we can't underestimate them
But for the last many years they are only circulating with fiction.it will degrade their experience.Striking in serials,at the same time others(Zee and Star) become experts in non fiction.

The real reson is that sun tv became no:1 because of their notable serials which made reach in core...even if they come out of their genre they will have to face some problem in the small screen industry who lagely believe in sun tv for long time

Lets see what happens. Their first target should be colors Tamil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom