• Thread starter MAHI
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 5,616

MAHI

Banned
Reaction score
Negative Points:-
1. Electronic Program Guide (electronic program guide) is a crap. Except in Sun channels, electronic program guide is not updated properly in other channels. electronic program guideis not at all available in many channels. When Setop box is started, it takes long time for electronic program guide to get updated.
2. Picture Quality of channels which are competing with Sun is poor. Check the quality of KalaignarTV when Maanada Mayilaada program is telecast. Same is the case of Vijay TV during popular programs. Picture quality of other non-Sun channels is also not good.(Unfair practice)
3. No other Tamil Music channel, except Sun Music is available. I don't consider SS Music as Tamil Music channel. To avoid competition, Sun does not include 7s music,Channel ufx, Raj Music in the channel list. (Unfair practice)
4. Their Alacarte channels are another crap. Standard channels preferred by many are Tamil channels, Kids channels, Nature related (Discovery, Animal Planet etc.), English Movies. You need to pay at least Rs.200/- for this.
5. You can not rearrange channel orders as per your preference. Thiswas available earlier and removed later. You are forced to keep Sun channels at the top.
6. No interactive services even after2 years. You can not check your account balance or purchased plandetails in TV.
7. Customer service is another crap. In case of any fault in Dish/Set top box, Sun does not take responsibility. You need to go behind the distributor who provided the Dish to you.
8. No Toll-Free number for customer support. It is not easier to speak to customer support during odd hours or holidays.
9. Recently SD threatened to remove Vijay TV from their channellist, which clearly shows bad attitude of Sun Direct. (Unfair practice).
10. SD online portal does not work frequently.
11. Sun is trying to become a Monopoly in media world. They forcefully removed Hathway from Cable Settop Box business through unfair practices. It should not happen in DTH world also.
12.No Radio channels
Positive Points:-
1. Low price compare with other dth.
2. You can watch many Tamil channels, with the basic package itself, which costs Rs.100 only.
3. Sun Action,Gemini Action,Surya Action,Suriyan tv,Sunlife,Geminilife,Four CinemaClub available only on sundirect.
Thanks to the original reviewer. I agree with him 100%. I thought it was an unbiased review. So thought it worth to post it.

- EPG its shows only the program title not other information :wall

-KalaignarTV and Vijay TV Picture Quality issues are in all DTH if you take Airtel also i am getting Picture Quality issues during Maanada Mayilaada.

-Isaiaruvi, Jaya Max are available.

BaLaG said:
- EPG its shows only the program title not other information :wall

-KalaignarTV and Vijay TV Picture Quality issues are in all DTH if you take Airtel also i am getting Picture Quality issues during Maanada Mayilaada.

-Isaiaruvi, Jaya Max are available.

Other dth providing all channels EPG.Why?

sun music hd not played hd songs many time ist bore pls telecost hd song only

aamjath said:
sun music hd not played hd songs many time ist bore pls telecost hd song only

This thread is not Sun music hd problem.Sundirect negative and positive sides.OK

Bro, Sun DTH is only for sun network channels, they will never allow any channels that will compete with sun channels, in that case they just remove the channel immediately. we all know that in so many cases (including puthiya thalaimuari).

nskaran said:
Bro, Sun DTH is only for sun network channels, they will never allow any channels that will compete with sun channels, in that case they just remove the channel immediately. we all know that in so many cases (including puthiya thalaimuari).

That's right bro.Example is Puthiyathalaimurai removed.No:1 news channel in Tamilnadu.Because Sun news competete the channel.Sundirect supporting only Sunnetwork channels.

I agree on one thing that no Interactive Services till date ............. But other points are bogus. Sun Direct defintely suitable for South India but North India also good as package price is very cheap. Moreover, DD -Bangla is available on full screen , 24 Hours a day. Take for example Airtel Digital tv they don't have full screen DD -Bangla. What they have in LCN 699 is a combination of 4 Channels . DD -Bangla + DD- Sahyadri + DD -Punjabi + DD -Girnar. Then again D2H shifts DD -Bangla from time to time on their small active mode. If u talk about EPG, even DISH TV does not provide EPG of Channels Like DD -Bangla , Star Utsav , DD -Podhigai etc. Then please think everyone.

Bishnu15 said:
I agree on one thing that no Interactive Services till date ............. But other points are bogus. Sun Direct defintely suitable for South India but North India also good as package price is very cheap. Moreover, DD -Bangla is available on full screen , 24 Hours a day. Take for example Airtel Digital tv they don't have full screen DD -Bangla. What they have in LCN 699 is a combination of 4 Channels . DD -Bangla + DD- Sahyadri + DD -Punjabi + DD -Girnar. Then again D2H shifts DD -Bangla from time to time on their small active mode. If u talk about EPG, even DISH TV does not provide EPG of Channels Like DD -Bangla , Star Utsav , DD -Podhigai etc. Then please think everyone.

Who watching DD channels.

Since they dont have healthy compatetion which was big negative to them, eg follows.
1) Phuidaya thalimurai issue.
2) Zee tamil which was started long years back in the name of bharati tv was dumped.
3) No other MSO allowed in TN when they r in power.
4) CAS was implemented only in chennai no where in india.
5) Dumping other channel quality.
6) Not giving their channels to other DTH and MSO (Arasu) which is not fair.
and so on, i do think peoples in tamilnadu will know.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock