Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah - News, Updates & Discussions

Agreed that old episodes were better than the new ones and was very consistent in entertaining but whatever I will any day prefer to watch TMKOC over any overrated Saas bahu non sense dramas or total waste Kundali, Kumkum bhagya etc
After long time I enjoyed any new track of Tmkoc, the Recently Concluded Bhogilal track was total fun to watch, though it became a bit predictable at the end but still it was good

Agreed that old episodes were better than the new ones and was very consistent in entertaining but whatever I will any day prefer to watch TMKOC over any overrated Saas bahu non sense dramas or total waste Kundali, Kumkum bhagya etc
After long time I enjoyed any new track of Tmkoc, the Recently Concluded Bhogilal track was total fun to watch, though it became a bit predictable at the end but still it was good
But why we have to compare TMKOC with those saas bahu shows.....their target audience is totally different....if we have to compare TMKOC then compare it with wagle ki duniya which is going really good.....cant we expect more good shows like wagle ki duniya??

Right now iam really enjoying wagle ki duniya nd it gives me vibes of old TMKOC episodes where every story used to finish in 2-3 episodes

Tmkoc nowdays become like saas bahu shows where they stretches every track for
1-2 months.....sitcoms never meant to be drag every story track for 1-2 months

Last edited:
But why we have to compare TMKOC with those saas bahu shows.....their target audience is totally different....if we have to compare TMKOC then compare it with wagle ki duniya which is going really good.....cant we expect more good shows like wagle ki duniya??

Right now iam really enjoying wagle ki duniya nd it gives me vibes of old TMKOC episodes where every story used to finish in 2-3 episodes

Tmkoc nowdays bevome like saas bahu show where they stretches every track for
1-2 months.....sitcoms never meant to be drag every story track for 1-2 months
Yes Agreed the Bhogilal track was especially stretched too long (over a month) , sometimes they strech a lot, And Wagle ki duniya is also very good show. But as Tmkoc is running since more than 10 years, few things will get predictable. They have already used hundreds of stories.
Wagle ki Duniya just started 1-2 months back only so currently it will currently try to complete its episodes quickly without much dragging and bring in new stories very quickly to create a fan base and if it manages to survive With good trp for many years then Wagle ki duniya will also strech a lot.
It happens with almost all such shows, for first months or inital part of show, they will try to bring in new stories without dragging and once it manages to get good trp consistently then it starts stretching.
I Totally respect ur decision and agree that they should reduce stretching of stories at times, my main point of saying that atleast for now TMKOC should keep on running atleast for next few years cause for many people it's more than a TV show.
At the end of the day it's Indian Audience and Buissnes for the channel to get good trp u or me may not like dragging but there are many people for whom dragging for an established or long running shows Like TMKOC creates more craze to watch it that's why the new one still gives good trp of 2.2-2.4

Last edited:
Wagle ki Duniya just started 1-2 months back only so currently it will currently try to complete its episodes quickly without much dragging and bring in new stories very quickly to create a fan base and if it manages to survive With good trp for many years then Wagle ki duniya will also strech a lot.
It happens with almost all such shows, for first months or inital part of show, they will try to bring in new stories without dragging and once it manages to get good trp consistently then it starts stretching.
Look at Tenali Rama and JCPH. They launched some 4 years ago and ran for a long time. Tenali Rama in particular did not wind up until last November. After TMKOC, Tenali Rama had become the longest-running show on Sony Sab.

BGVpceW.jpg
Nice to see TMKOC on top!

yesterday found interesting fact while browsing by chance while reading old article posted few years back when TMKOC was celebrating 2000 episodes in that article the producer of show state that when he went with TMKOC script to star plus and zee tv or leading broadcasters they rejected the show but surprisingly when he bought the script to sab tv said as it matches with their brand they accepted it.

I think its a indirectly a good thing that Tmkoc was selected by sab tv and not others - otherwise sadly most probably they would not have given proper timing to the show for airing if any of star plus or zee tv would have selected them and later like khichdi they even might have shut down the show quickly within 50 or 100 episodes due to pressure from their other saas bahu serial who would have feared its dominance might affect their trp.

if i think about it was also beneficial for sab tv to have tmkoc show luckily their show got popular and run for long time and they supported it as its their backbone of channel , it also helped their channel with experiment with other comedy shows in meanwhile when they have stable good serial which is giving them good trp .thanks to tmkoc sab tv managed to outdo itself or others and managed to try various type of comedy shows with keeping family audience in mind , with new fiction shows ,drama comedy etc while retaining comedy genre spirit of the channel.

Last edited:
due to pressure from their other saas bahu serial who would have feared its dominance might affect their trp.
This statement is baseless Star Plus and ZEE TV are better known for their melodrama and definitely their audience won't watch show like TMKOC. SAB TV loyal audience is limited to that perticular channel and every channel has their own average audience which watch whatever they telecast.

We use to watch and love Star Plus and Star One when they offered something different like Karishma Kaa Karishma, Shakalaka Boom Boom, Son Pari, Kaun Banega Crorepati, Khichdi, Prithiviraj Chauhan, Mum Tum aur Hum, The Laughter Channel, Ghost bana dost etc. They even had a Lonely Planet type show airing at Sunday noon along with comedy movies. Rebranding ruined it for us. We never watched that channel ever again. But we still remember most shows as these ended when it were great. Not stretched or overused like the current shows.

Sab TV, Zee TV or Star wouldn't have mattered. Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashma was always gonna succeed. Channel wouldn't have mattered as the comic strips itself were very successful. It was how well it was executed. That would've mattered. Makers took too much effort to invest in a studio and perfectly casting those actors. Just see how much audience misses old Hathi and Sodhi. IMO if Taarak Mehta was with other network. It would've ended. But being at top. Not with stretched plot. It has become like The Simpsons. Everything that can be done with the show is already done.

There was another Taarak Mehta type show called RK Laxman ki Duniya. Mind you RK Laxman is more popular and succesful than Taarak Mehta. It didn't succeed because of poor execution. It looked like recycled Mrs. Tendulkar.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock