Discussion Tata Group in talks to buy 20% stake in Tata Play at $1 bn valuation: Report

SarfaRaZ

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
y6yacgV.png

y6yacgV.png

What happened to news about Disney offloading its stake in Tata Play? Since exit of Sky (when Fox sold sky to Comcast, Sky name was used until expiry of license period but during the interim from Fox exit till brand name rebranding Tata managed all things) there has been less of innovation or technological advancement in Tata Play, in general too with Sky expertise overall broadcast operations were managed much better.

What happened to news about Disney offloading its stake in Tata Play? Since exit of Sky (when Fox sold sky to Comcast, Sky name was used until expiry of license period but during the interim from Fox exit till brand name rebranding Tata managed all things) there has been less of innovation or technological advancement in Tata Play, in general too with Sky expertise overall broadcast operations were managed much better.
Since April 2022 Tata Play Has bought all the Disney Stakes Only 20% remaining with Temasek rest all with Tata Group .

Since April 2022 Tata Play Has bought all the Disney Stakes Only 20% remaining with Temasek rest all with Tata Group .

Any official press release which states that Disney has already exited Tata Play? I think it has still not happened

It doesn’t matter sky management or tata the prices customers paying isn’t sustainable for business the same applicable to every dth operator how someone can except innovation and better management with low revenues the revenues are not even sustainable for running the business normally

It’s not they can’t because we can clearly see how Tataplay handling their binge services

They are putting their efforts in binge because it is going to be future and binge is clearly showing the fruits of their investments and efforts whether some people accept it or not binge is the best aggregator in india now

It doesn’t matter sky management or tata the prices customers paying isn’t sustainable for business the same applicable to every dth operator how someone can except innovation and better management with low revenues the revenues are not even sustainable for running the business normally

It’s not they can’t because we can clearly see how Tataplay handling their binge services

They are putting their efforts in binge because it is going to be future and binge is clearly showing the fruits of their investments and efforts whether some people accept it or not binge is the best aggregator in india now

Buddy expertise in a field matters, investment too is plays important part but as i have said there is a drastic shift in how broadcast operations, innovations, product quality/functionality etc since Sky made an exit.

Ofcourse Tata is putting efforts and they would be having strong team to take care of these things and even tie up with different partners for the same but still Sky had vast experience + resources + understanding which made the final product look lot more good as compared to now.

Regarding increasing revenue generation for Tata Play i shared views which again got unnecessary backlash from many members saying that "we r happy with channels we get and Tata Play team knows how to run business "... With this approach no productive discussion can happen.

When i said certain channels r missing or their addition delayed by Tata Play no no actual reason now and in past too then @Anish Pai said in a very impolite tone to me which went something like "Wait for some days , all channels eill get in next few days and u will further be jealous about Tata Play with nothing to say"

Buddy expertise in a field matters, investment too is plays important part but as i have said there is a drastic shift in how broadcast operations, innovations, product quality/functionality etc since Sky made an exit.

Ofcourse Tata is putting efforts and they would be having strong team to take care of these things and even tie up with different partners for the same but still Sky had vast experience + resources + understanding which made the final product look lot more good as compared to now.

Regarding increasing revenue generation for Tata Play i shared views which again got unnecessary backlash from many members saying that "we r happy with channels we get and Tata Play team knows how to run business "... With this approach no productive discussion can happen.

When i said certain channels r missing or their addition delayed by Tata Play no no actual reason now and in past too then @Anish Pai said in a very impolite tone to me which went something like "Wait for some days , all channels eill get in next few days and u will further be jealous about Tata Play with nothing to say"
Mate, don’t drag those channels issue in this matter u mentioned about innovation and management and I mentioned the reasons
The same applies to every other operator it’s not exclusive for Tataplay when there is no sustainable business model, no profitable revenue,over regulation no body will show interest to innovate or to provide good management and all because it’s just plain waste
Even, mittal mentioned the same many times u know that very well i think
He clearly stated with this pricing and over regulations the business isn’t good

It’s not Tataplay or some other can u provide a single good innovation or management thing ur mentioning in any other dth operator

Don’t mention that template thing of airtel post
I am not making any fun just it’s a fact

There is only way reduce the regulations or to make it simple just remove that NTO rules

And let operators do their own deals and all if they want to stay in businesses they will do
It’s just useless statement from TRAi and supporters that NTO is good maybe in some aspects but this regulation of pricing is worst

Tata Sons/Tata Group corporate website still mention Disney as a share holder as well as Wikipedia shows 30% stake for Disney. But Tata Play website removed the Disney part which mentioned as the stakeholder.

Tata Sons/Tata Group corporate website still mention Disney as a share holder as well as Wikipedia shows 30% stake for Disney. But Tata Play website removed the Disney part which mentioned as the stakeholder.
Tata Play website after rebrand removed Disney part from 2022. Check the fact file in the site which only states Tata sons pvt ltd as parent company

Wikipedia anyone can edit, May be they are not up to date

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock