Tata IPL 2023 | Star Sports Network | March 31st

Nobody denies about their content, complaint is about the quality service. As there is no competition, star was adamant in providing quality feed to the OTT users. Now Jio came into the race with full money, so star is facing the heat.

DTH operators were selling 4K boxes from quite long time but star didn't provide even single ICC event in 4K(exept one long long back)

U r partially correct. Yes Jio Cinema airing content in 4K or with more interactive features lead to Star Sports implementing new changes so that they get to attract more viewers to their sports channels during IPL.

But fact is as we have discussed before that they could have done it earlier too but excessive spending is always avoided bcoz already recovering huge investments made in buying rights and airing the events is very difficult to recover...adding 4K would have added to the burden as people won't be willing to pay premium price for such things. Jio Cinema is trying to attract more viewers and not focused on revenue or losses they would face at the moment....free model won't last long and later as they build a robust viewer base they too will charge premium amount for accessing sports or other content.

It is a business so different strategies r adopted to scale it up and at start more investments r done to achieve good results in long run

TATA IPL 1st Match
For Kannada Users:- Star Suvarna Plus
LPBdlqV.jpg

For Telugu Users:- Star Maa Movies
hvLK21d.jpg

For Tamil Users:- Vijay Super
p7LqNoT.jpg
They launched new sports channel to air sports on movie channels. 😂
Now STAR is fearing that major cable DPOs (RIL backed) removes its sports channels from basic pack, so they wants not to loose viewership.

Last edited:
U r partially correct. Yes Jio Cinema airing content in 4K or with more interactive features lead to Star Sports implementing new changes so that they get to attract more viewers to their sports channels during IPL.

But fact is as we have discussed before that they could have done it earlier too but excessive spending is always avoided bcoz already recovering huge investments made in buying rights and airing the events is very difficult to recover...adding 4K would have added to the burden as people won't be willing to pay premium price for such things. Jio Cinema is trying to attract more viewers and not focused on revenue or losses they would face at the moment....free model won't last long and later as they build a robust viewer base they too will charge premium amount for accessing sports or other content.

It is a business so different strategies r adopted to scale it up and at start more investments r done to achieve good results in long run
Not agreeing even 5%. You forget about their 4K satellite channel, at least they have the capability to feed it via OTT.

Their OTT sports streaming quality is such a pathetic that I used to subscribe Star Sports HD channel during IPL two months. You are telling about burdon on them, but it is burdon for customer as well. When i have Hotstar subscription why should I depend on their satellite channel. Basically they don't want to improve their services as there was no strong contender.

Chance is very less but i don't get why in star sports vip promotion star sports available on airtel and tata play instead of xstrem and binge+
Or as both serivice given by tata play and adtv so as head's of each service star sports say that in promo.

Will these mean vip service alotted for all box users pr specially for binge plus and xstream users
I say this became past also star gave multi cam feed and if i am not wrong by pressing a certain color button activated that Windows
Airtel xStream and Tata Binge+ are digital medium. Viacom18 has exclusive digital rights.

Not agreeing even 5%. You forget about their 4K satellite channel, at least they have the capability to feed it via OTT.

Their OTT sports streaming quality is such a pathetic that I used to subscribe Star Sports HD channel during IPL two months. You are telling about burdon on them, but it is burdon for customer as well. When i have Hotstar subscription why should I depend on their satellite channel. Basically they don't want to improve their services as there was no strong contender.

Well i believe the huge viewership they got for live cricket be it IPL or BCCI matches is bcoz people liked the overall streaming experience....i am not denying that there would be some issues and this happens across platforms.

Did u watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Jio Cinema.....all i can say is that i did read some very negative reviews about the streaming experience be it on this forum or even on Twitter. More so i have even seen people not liking live sports streaming quality on Sony Liv. Disney+Hotstar still by far has provided a good streaming experience as compared to others barring few issues.

They could have provided certain events in 4K on Disney+Hotstar and i think they had....it also depends whether such events r available in 4K from source end or r sizeable number of people willing to pay for premium subscription to access else unnecessarily creating load on server and investing more is of no use. 4K broadcast and streaming has huge challenges involved, worldover despite there being lot many people there as compared to India who can pay more to access 4K content still broadcasters / platforms restrict 4K transmission for very key events bcoz of huge cost + infrastructure challenges involved in the same

Did u watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Jio Cinema.....all i can say is that i did read some very negative reviews about the streaming experience be it on this forum or even on Twitter. More so i have even seen people not liking live sports streaming quality on Sony Liv. Disney+Hotstar still by far has provided a good streaming experience as compared to others barring few issues.
Can't say about Twitter. Barely 1% users on this forum faced any issue post opening match. Mind you that it was the first event that they were ever streaming live. Contrary to Star. When it came to broadcasting Viacom was very open to feedbacks throughout the tournament. They even made changes. IPL scorecards were too dark and hurting our eyes. No one cared.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock