Tata IPL 2023 | Star Sports Network | March 31st

Hahaha! Buddy in telecom there may have been a case of excessive charging for data or calls but foor broadcast sector same cannot be said. It is extremely difficult to recover huge investments made in acquiring sporting properties, making in house programs on it, hiring people to present the same and above all operating a sports channel. Sports Broadcasters remain cautious of any overspending and same is understandable
Then they should invest accordingly. Who is compelling them to spend too much😁
What I said is now Star is introducing something new that they aren't ready to do earlier - because the rival is outperforming them. I compared the happenings only on outside.
This is why I am glad IPL moved out of outdated streamer. You cannot give a premium event to a platform still living in the late 2000s.
Companies always have a tendency to stay ahead of the competitor by a smaller margin inorder to reduce expenses. Till these years Sony Liv is the only rival to Hotstar in sports streaming. Sony Liv is poor. Hotstar just kept an edge over them. They need not to do much as no challenges from Sony is happening. Now situation changed. Jio is madly building up their streaming platform.
Also I think apart from adding many features Jio cinema still not achieved a flawless premium outfit.

Looks like Star Sports network itself are in confusion regard to IPL 2023 broadcast on its channels. Still no update about Live telecasting channels of the event

Most people doesn't watch movies on TV. Specially, hollywood movies because of ads and censorship. So it's not feasible to syndicate rights when you yourself have nothing special to offer.

You intermingled both the things i said and drew a wrong conclusion based on same. Also they have much to offer on their Sports channels so having syndication agreement with Zee for outsourcing ICC rights isn't going to cause any issue rather it will benefit them.

Yes English Movie Channels have been facing tough time but still have huge potential as the regular action movies have huge audience base which includes emerging audience and those not having access to internet or OTT. Kids, Action, Horror, Comedy Hollywood Movies do well on English Movie Channels those requiring censorship or critically acclaimed ones get viewership mainly via OTT ....latter has very niche audience base be it on TV or OTT. A well curated content strategy for English Movie Channels can help them garner good ratings

You intermingled both the things i said and drew a wrong conclusion based on same. Also they have much to offer on their Sports channels so having syndication agreement with Zee for outsourcing ICC rights isn't going to cause any issue rather it will benefit them.

Yes English Movie Channels have been facing tough time but still have huge potential as the regular action movies have huge audience base which includes emerging audience and those not having access to internet or OTT. Kids, Action, Horror, Comedy Hollywood Movies do well on English Movie Channels those requiring censorship or critically acclaimed ones get viewership mainly via OTT ....latter has very niche audience base be it on TV or OTT. A well curated content strategy for English Movie Channels can help them garner good ratings
Disney is now cost cutting mode, not on acquisition mode. Now they are simply layoff huge employees including India.

Nobody denies about their content, complaint is about the quality service. As there is no competition, star was adamant in providing quality feed to the OTT users. Now Jio came into the race with full money, so star is facing the heat.

DTH operators were selling 4K boxes from quite long time but star didn't provide even single ICC event in 4K(exept one long long back)

TATA IPL 1st Match
For Kannada Users:- Star Suvarna Plus
LPBdlqV.jpg

For Telugu Users:- Star Maa Movies
hvLK21d.jpg

For Tamil Users:- Vijay Super
p7LqNoT.jpg

Last edited:
Disney is now cost cutting mode, not on acquisition mode. Now they are simply layoff huge employees including India.

Buddy we had discussions on this topic just few weeks back, request u not to again n again ask same questions or raise same points. Request u to read , learn and remember from what i shared on the forum rather than just simply glancing thru information which would certainly help in better understand information 🙏

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock