Seeking Help Tata Play Binge Plus 4K and LG CX Red Screen Issue

Tarun_Venk

Solutions
Reaction score
Guys I need help. I am getting this dirty RED screen effect on HDMI (LG CX Oled) connected to TS Binge Plus, which shouldn’t be the case.

I had faced same issue last year and I thought there might be some issue with the box and called for technician visit. But no Tata Sky technicians could figure this out. Then went back to regular HD box which solved the issue. SILLY ME, this time I thought I might get Tata Play Binge Plus STB with new hardware and SW, but to my surprise, they sent Tata Sky Binge box again. And the issue started again. Note: THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN STB IS IN OFF MODE.

Things I have tried:
  1. Toggle SDR To HDR (Both ON and OFF)
  2. Changed resolution
  3. Turned of screensaver
  4. Turned off HDMI Deep Color setting on LG TV (This is the one that enable HDR for TS Box)
  5. Reset my TV to original setting.
  6. Changed HDMI cables. Both 2.0 and 2.1.
  7. STB updated to latest version of SW (I think 3.1.7)
  8. TV OS updated to latest version
After all this, I'm still getting this RED Screen when I turn on the TV to TS input..

Also, I'm not able to post images to this thread. Getting "The uploaded file was not an image as expected" prompt.

Any HELP!! regarding this is much appreciated. Thanks..

Stay Safe

Tarun

Last edited:
Solution
Guys I need help. I am getting this dirty RED screen effect on HDMI (LG CX Oled) connected to TS Binge Plus, which shouldn’t be the case.

I had faced same issue last year and I thought there might be some issue with the box and called for technician visit. But no Tata Sky technicians could figure this out. Then went back to regular HD box which solved the issue. SILLY ME, this time I thought I might get Tata Play Binge Plus STB with new hardware and SW, but to my surprise, they sent Tata Sky Binge box again. And the issue started again. Note: THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN STB IS IN OFF MODE.

Things I have tried:
  1. Toggle SDR To HDR (Both ON and OFF)
  2. Changed resolution
  3. Turned of screensaver
  4. Turned off HDMI Deep...
LG CX series tv s r lot of problems there mainly display issues , my neighbour is using CX 48 inch tv, display gone in 3 months, I'm using Sony 4k tv since 3 years still I'm didn't face any problem,
Interesting thing is LG is the only supplier to Sony for OLED, Even to Samsung from 2022 onwards

ISSUE SOLVED>>>>>>>>>>>>

It seems TATA SKY/PLAY has pathetic HDMI response when it come handshake with newer versions of HDCP... It goes outta wack if it has to send high-bandwidth signal, again this is what happens when you go cheap...

After a lot of research, and changing a TV, I resolved the issue. Just had to bypass the HDCP issue by adding an HDMI switch o_O. You get a lot of HDMI switches on Amazon. Do your research and buy a good one. I bought Kinivo or something. But it solved all the issues I had with this nightmare experience.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions with regards to this. Cheers

Regards,
Darth Vader

time wars GIF
Yes , In this form , I had already highlighted about hardware issue of TS binge plus.

Well if it's in STB off mode then should be no connection with STB as it's off ..
I think it's issue of TV...Maybe issues of color D-Gause..
Just try
Restart TV switching off from mains...Switch on after 15 minutes so then TV gets cool...
Disable 4K and HDR
Just remove the HDMI cable from Ts box, your red screen will go . This issue is with HDMI sync with TV and Binge plus is a under designed product;. Tata sky is clueless and nothing to do with TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock