Tata Play duping customer with false claims

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjudat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 54
  • Views Views: Views 5,321

Should we raise to this unethical business practice?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Please check the image of the replaced Dolby enabled HD STB. The sound setting option has PCM, DD and DD+ through HDMI only. Though it is very hard to distinguish between sound signatures of these codecs. I could not be able to explore full fledged because of my working hours. I will thoroughly check on weekends. But most noticeable part is my sound bar is not dolby enabled. Still i get the sound from STB when it is in Dolby mode. Need to explore this thoroughly.
New-box-back-pic.jpg

Last edited:
Please check the image of the replaced Dolby enabled HD STB. The sound setting option has PCM, DD and DD+ through HDMI only. Though it is very hard to distinguish between sound signatures of these codecs. I could not be able to explore full fledged because of my working hours. I will thoroughly check on weekends. But most noticeable part is my sound bar is not dolby enabled. Still i get the sound from STB when it is in Dolby mode. Need to explore this thoroughly.
New-box-back-pic.jpg
Just curious they gave you a new box or refurbished one and what model is that?

Just curious they gave you a new box or refurbished one and what model is that?
Same doubt for me bro, USB port, sat in, hdmi port looks like rusting, may be they given refurbished box,

@sanjudat bro, open tataplay app --> my account --> scroll down -> device and warranty details -> device details -> select stb warranty -> it's showing stb warranty details, check they mentioned 1 year warranty or not

Same doubt for me bro, USB port, sat in, hdmi port looks like rusting, may be they given refurbished box,

@sanjudat bro, open tataplay app --> my account --> scroll down -> device and warranty details -> device details -> select stb warranty -> it's showing stb warranty details, check they mentioned 1 year warranty or not
@Abhinav @Vicky After you have highlighted worn-out issue, I have checked it once again. I agree with you. I hardly get time back home to check all these kinds of stuff minutely. I have only time on weekends. But I have checked the image closely and sent a mail to CEO with the image. They installed it on weekdays when I was not at home. Regarding warranty, yes it is showing a year's coverage. But, I need to match the STB box number with the number mentioned in my account. Thanks bro for highlighting the issue. Also, I have noticed that there is hardly any change when the sound settings are switched from PCM to DD/DD+. Can you help me to understand if DD passes through HDMI ARC to a non-Dolby audio system?
I am fed up with this issue. Let's see what will be there actions, else will change to Airtel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom