Tata Play duping customer with false claims

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjudat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 54
  • Views Views: Views 5,318

Should we raise to this unethical business practice?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Another strange thing Binge plus box not able to provide Dolby sound on Gemini music HD. technician visited my house with another binge box and HD plus box. HD plus box able to give on Dolby sound on pertichiate channel but binge plus dies not.
HD+ box with recording ability has different and good techs inside. The latest boxes offered by Tata Play are full of glitches. You have the option bro to shift for better techs in the market.

Tata Play called again and informed me that some regional engineer will visit my place to check the issue in person. I have agreed and told them to come up with a resolution and not rhetoric. I will keep you posted on this.
Loving it!!! Keep them scrambling 😁

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

@sanjudat bro, r u received email/phone from ceo team?

Most of times ceo team call from this no 8061432555

@sanjudat bro, r u received email/phone from ceo team?

Most of times ceo team call from this no 8061432555
No....probably they have channeled the communication thru customer care team. Complaint in consumer forum is still pending. Waiting to hear their regional engineer's version. Then I will send another mail with lots of "good words" to the CEO if no resolution. I am moving one level up at a time. Let them exhaust their available options. :)

Last edited:
On Saturday Area Service Manager visited my place to see the issue in person. I have described to her the problem with live visuals. She convinced and accepted the facts. She also agreed that the portal is misleading. The box does not have Dolby sound feature. I asked her why it required you to visit in person. Are your companions incompatible to understand the issue? I have narrated multiple times. I have also told her that if you still get stuck with your version of Dolby then you have to prove it in consumer court. She accepted that the communication did not happen correctly and went up to their product training team. They also could not figure out the problem. She will communicate with the product development team and replace the box. I told her that I won't accept old boxes. She agreed to provide another new box perhaps with a different model. She also agreed to be present in person during installation. She took time till coming Friday latest to resolve the issue. Lets see!!!!!
Any of the members facing same issue can raise the complaint with Tata Play.

ASCI is not qualified to handle technical advertisement complaints. I am stating their resolution hereunder. Members can understand that the people in ASCI are worthless.
Resolution Statements:
Subject: Informal Resolution by Secretariat
Description: We are in receipt of your complaint regarding the advertisement of “Tata Play Limited - Tata Play HD Digital Set Top Box.” We have examined your complaint along with the objections raised by you. We note that the advertisement displays icons representing 1080 Resolution, Dolby Digital Surround System, 16.9 aspect ratio, access to 500+ channels, Tata Play services, and additional benefits. Please note that the aforementioned set top box does not include these features but only supports them. With regards to your specific objection that the set top box does not have Dolby sound feature, kindly note that the set top box does not possess the Dolby sound feature but it supports Dolby Sound or PCM Sound. If your television supports PCM or Dolby sound, the set top box will also support that feature. You have also mentioned that the Dolby Laboratories logo is not present on the product. Please note that the product similarly does not feature the PCM Sound logo. In view of the above, the said advertisement is unlikely to mislead consumers and does not contravene any of any ASCI Code.

ASCI is not qualified to handle technical advertisement complaints. I am stating their resolution hereunder. Members can understand that the people in ASCI are worthless.
Resolution Statements:
Subject: Informal Resolution by Secretariat
Description: We are in receipt of your complaint regarding the advertisement of “Tata Play Limited - Tata Play HD Digital Set Top Box.” We have examined your complaint along with the objections raised by you. We note that the advertisement displays icons representing 1080 Resolution, Dolby Digital Surround System, 16.9 aspect ratio, access to 500+ channels, Tata Play services, and additional benefits. Please note that the aforementioned set top box does not include these features but only supports them. With regards to your specific objection that the set top box does not have Dolby sound feature, kindly note that the set top box does not possess the Dolby sound feature but it supports Dolby Sound or PCM Sound. If your television supports PCM or Dolby sound, the set top box will also support that feature. You have also mentioned that the Dolby Laboratories logo is not present on the product. Please note that the product similarly does not feature the PCM Sound logo. In view of the above, the said advertisement is unlikely to mislead consumers and does not contravene any of any ASCI Code.

Send a reply to them buddy and clearly state that box itself does not support Dolby Audio and hence Dolby Logo even missing on box or its carton as Tata Play would not have signed agreement with Dolby Laboratories to incorporate Dolby Audio feature in the box.... Also mention that ur TV supports Dolby Audio and PCM sound is a basic sound feature which does not require any permission for it be made available in a box as it simply convert 5.1 Channel Audio to stereo audio so as to play the audio on TV sets which r not compatible with Dolby Audio Feature

Send a reply to them buddy and clearly state that box itself does not support Dolby Audio and hence Dolby Logo even missing on box or its carton as Tata Play would not have signed agreement with Dolby Laboratories to incorporate Dolby Audio feature in the box.... Also mention that ur TV supports Dolby Audio and PCM sound is a basic sound feature which does not require any permission for it be made available in a box as it simply convert 5.1 Channel Audio to stereo audio so as to play the audio on TV sets which r not compatible with Dolby Audio Feature
They have closed the case and no way anyone can escalate the issue. One thing is clear from this reply the department is full of ill-informed, unqualified morons. I have replied to ASCI on X handle and mentioned that even staff of Tata Play will laugh at you.:giggle:

Last edited:
They have closed the case and no way anyone can escalate the issue. One thing is clear from this reply the department is full of ill-informed, unqualified morons. I have replied to ASCI on X handle and mentioned that even staff of Tata Play will laugh at you.:giggle:
They handled your case very poorly. See how it is labeled as 'informal' resolution, they have done that to avoid proper complaint process that would have required investigation by CCC

Group-32-1-1024x826.png

My complaint against Complan a few years back strictly followed this procedure, when complan contested ASCI order of removing all their mentioned advertisements, it was appealed and final verdict was given by a retired High Court Judge.

The best part was that I had to only register the complaint explaining everything in detailed manner and rest was all handled by ASCI. Even in appeal they gave me option to join virtually and share my concerns directly or let ASCI handle it, and I said you handle the appeal using the facts and statements I gave earlier, and they presented my side really nicely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom