Tata Play duping customer with false claims

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjudat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 54
  • Views Views: Views 5,318

Should we raise to this unethical business practice?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Maybe the people who handled your case were serious about the matter you had raised. They do not see any seriousness in this case. Can I challenge the judgement? If yes, then how....

Last edited:
Maybe the people who handled your case were serious about the matter you had raised. They do not see any seriousness in this case. Can I challenge the judgement? If yes, then how....
Yes, they did not consider it serious. Raise a new complaint again, with more details but keeping language simple enough for them to understand. Include more proof, mention that they cannot claim dolby digital support without acquiring that certification. The box cannot support Dolby Digital without the certification.

As per rules the subsequent complaints after informal resolution should go through formal process of CCC. I would recommend watching Tata Play HD STB Ads on YouTube from their official channel and link them also if false claims are there as well.

ASCI Procedure

Last edited:
Yes, they did not consider it serious. Raise a new complaint again, with more details but keeping language simple enough for them to understand. Include more proof, mention that they cannot claim dolby digital support without acquiring that certification. The box cannot support Dolby Digital without the certification.

As per rules the subsequent complaints after informal resolution should go through formal process of CCC. I would recommend watching Tata Play HD STB Ads on YouTube from their official channel and link them also if false claims are there as well.

ASCI Procedure
@Abhinav I have checked with Tata Play official channel on you tube. They have lots of ads about the programs and binge+ box but unable to locate any ad on HD STB. I will search it again. in the meantime if anyone in the forum can help.

Tata Play has finally accepted that the STB they initially installed without Dolby sound feature. The replaced the box with a similar HD STB with DD+ feature. The DD logo and Dolby License declaration are present at the back of the box. I sincerely thank Dream DTH forum members for all their valuable support and input. Your input helped me to pave the right way. Thank you so much. 👍
@Abhinav your guidance helped me a lot. A special thanks to you.🙏 I will remain a part of this forum.

Tata Play has finally accepted that the STB they initially installed without Dolby sound feature. The replaced the box with a similar HD STB with DD+ feature. The DD logo and Dolby License declaration are present at the back of the box. I sincerely thank Dream DTH forum members for all their valuable support and input. Your input helped me to pave the right way. Thank you so much. 👍
@Abhinav your guidance helped me a lot. A special thanks to you.🙏 I will remain a part of this forum.
Congrats,Please share some snaps...of new box as well.

Did they accept in writing anywhere?

Did they accept in writing anywhere?
No, but they created a case record and resolved the issue. Termed it as service repair. I have sent a mail to CEO where I have mentioned about the fraud. They accepted the facts, in turn, means they have accepted the issue. Similar case with X handle, they have acknowledged the fraud narrative by not defying it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom