Tata Sky added 12 new TP from GSat-10

• Thread starter Thread starter acmedigitals
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,020
  • Views Views: Views 152,716
Today Morning Tata Sky Technician visited my Home to resolve No Signal issue in one of my connection. I have two individual Tata Sky connection and in one of the connection I was facing No Signal issue so I complained about it.

The following information is given by the Technician:-

Tata Sky is activating Vertical Polarity in Insat 4A. Now Tata Sky will use both Vertical and Horizontal Polarity. On asking about Gsat 10, he was not sure of the name of the satellite but said that Tata Sky is planning to move to new satellite in future and not now. He also told that now only they have been given training for making the dish align in such a way that both Vertical and Horizontal Polarity signals are received by the subscriber.

He also aligned the dish of other connection in which I was Not facing any signal issues and said that all old subscribers dish has to be aligned properly because those subscribers who are not facing any issue right now might face signal issues afterwards and will surely face in rainy season. He also insisted me to register a complaint by giving a missed call or SMS for the other connection also so that he will show that he has resolved my complain for the subscriber ID and earn extra commission. Tata Sky is paying extra per Subscriber ID in which the complaint has been resolved. He alone has resolved 25 complaints yesterday.

Now my question: I have one tata sky plus hd connection which shows almost all the time full signal...I have another multi-room connection tata sky hd but as inidividual installation with a separate dish and wire (although the wire is so long and going to internal room that signal loss reaches to 20% and quality to 50% or 60%...but in both the connections I never faced any signal issue during all so called testing days...not sure how at least this 20% signal connection is stable all the time...I did face sun outage...but that is understandable...

Gssran said:
i am sure it's not from Insat 4 A,
So it means that it's from gsat 10 only.

Gssran brother...but are vertical polarity frequencies exactly same as horizontal one? If so, then can Gsat 10 frequencies be exactly same?

You have been tracking all the time...so may I request to summarize your overall observations in 4-5 lines? I am reading almost all your comments but still need summary to conclude what has been happening all these days...

shiwesh said:
Gssran brother...but are vertical polarity frequencies exactly same as horizontal one? If so, then can Gsat 10 frequencies be exactly same?

You have been tracking all the time...so may I request to summarize your overall observations in 4-5 lines? I am reading almost all your comments but still need summary to conclude what has been happening all these days...
just for example,
Last year when Hotbird 13 A expired & Hotbird 13 D activated,
Both sat carried same frequencies with same SR,
Same happened with C band of IS 10, channels shifted to IS 20 with same Tp freq & SR,
I hope you got it now.

Gssran said:
just for example,
Same happened with C band of IS 10, channels shifted to IS 20 with same Tp freq & SR,
I hope you got it now.

Hmm got it :tup

me_saket said:
No dear, hrkansagara

I mean if u set lnb correct then both H and V will have strong signals.

There are some DTH operator in world using both H and V simultaneously,

And there dish and lnb is correctly aligned.

There is no such thing that its set for H now we have adjust for V and if again H u want then again realign.

If H can adjust adjust and V can't then its may be related to power of TP , that is what I think, may be wrong also.

that is what i am saying currently lnb of customers is only correct for H tps only and not V tps so we need to re align for receiving both signals once it's re aligned and in any near future isro makes entry of INSAT series satellite having H tp then at that time we will not be have to re align as in new aligned lnb we are getting both polarity tps.

my personal finding : few days back when i received software and next day error of no signal was there. i tried going system setting to pick "gsat 10 - 14eq" as entry point but that press of 01 afterward suggested by DDF members was not working so i used master reset way to change the same. here are my finding details.

my set top box
tatasky mpeg 4 sd box(by technicolor)

version number
203(202 earlier)

tp frequency range
9400 to 15000(not knows exact number but as per i remembers)

fecs avaliable
3/4
5/6
7/8

satellite avaliable lists
INSAT 4A(default pick given by tatasky)
GSAT 10
Asia SAT 7
Asia SAT 8

on pick to gsat 10
channels with no signal remained no signal and working remained in working.

my thought / my pick
GSAT is available to pick but my tatasky set top box only reads insat signals as if same channels was up and running on gsat then as gsat is my entry point no signal issue must be gone. as it remained same, this indeed proves that my lnb is correct for H TP only and excluding selecting GSAT my set top box was never catching any signal for gsat even after it's set as entry point.

Gssran said:
just for example,
I hope you got it now.

Yes, thanks...sounds very very logical...

Re: RE: Tata Sky added 12 new TP from GSat-10

Gssran said:
i am sure it's not from Insat 4 A,
So it means that it's from gsat 10 only.

Then why ceo told that they are trying to extract some more band width from the""same satellite asset"".if ts is migrating to gsat10 y cant he tell that.and also they are saying that they are upgarding themselves to give u more channels and services.if they migrate to gsat how will they provide more channels without mpeg4 migration??

Back
Top Bottom