Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 170,081
Same was the case before. Also those who cannot afford chose Free Dish and will continue to do so.
It is like u r poor then u don't deserve to education beoz of fees . This is totally wrong bro

I had a chat with CC, they are telling I can continue with my Dhamaka Pack after expiry in March. I don't have to choose TRAI packs

TRAI should also make a rule that no pay channels should air ads and ads are permitted only on FTA channels. These premium-looting pay channels have a win-win situation as they get revenue both from ads and subscribers. If this rule of banning ads on pay channels come into existence, every subscriber will be benefited.
The main culprit here in ncf. Why should we pay for 100 channels ncf when we only watch 10 or 20? Ncf should be per channel basis.

1.jpg

they are already in the fta + dd pack. You only need to select those free channels that are not in dd+fta pack.
Look at My Selected Channels
Where they are in FTA Pack and i didn't taken any fta pack

TRAI should also make a rule that no pay channels should air ads and ads are permitted only on FTA channels. These premium-looting pay channels have a win-win situation as they get revenue both from ads and subscribers. If this rule of banning ads on pay channels come into existence, every subscriber will be benefited.

You are making a very generalised statement and being unfair to many pay channels by painting them alongwith those who just look at maximising profit. Reality is that running a channel is a tough thing.

Do u know cost involved in running a news channel? From paying salaries , transmission costs, travel/accomodation/OB Van maintenance, distribution etc. is a high money consuming task.

Similarly running an entertainment, movie or music channel has its own monetary challenges. Ads alone can't cover expenses and yield good returns. Even ad rates for hindi or regional channels is far less to what premium english channels command.

Simply bashing broadcasters is easy but understanding intricacies of this business is a different ballgame.

Free To Air channels run on repeat or old content or those popular and having new content operate in a genre which fits the essential model. A channelv like 9XM may do well despite being FTA bcoz of sheer volume of subscribers it has thus garnering good ad revenue feasible to run a music channel but u can't expect same from Star Gold as buying movie rights is much more costly than music.

If i go on explaining then this thread will be extremely long but all in all one should expect affordability + fair amount of ads but going to extreme ends on either fronts is uncalled for

Did you just wake up ? TRAI already made that rule long ago i think in 2014-15. But broadcasters got stay order from court and case is still going on

Did you just wake up ? TRAI already made that rule long ago i think in 2014-15. But broadcasters got stay order from court and case is still going on

Yes, no one implemented 12 minute per hour ad cap rule till now. Getting things moving on ground is a gruelling task, rules or orders get entangled in litigation and delays or striking down of these r common practice

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock