Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 170,081
It seems people who strictly watch regional content are doomed.
Brother go to operator or concerned broadcaster website and chose appropriate bouquet, there r multiple versions available to chose from. How can i select for ur preference?

See i went through tatasky website and i found no boquet that has all regional hd channels in one. So i have to go for either individual broadcasters boquet or a la carte. Ala carte is the cheaper option yet 100 extra than previously what i used to pay.

Last edited:
My conversation with Tatasky online chat call center.

Tharuni: Hello &#xxxxx; Welcome to TATA SKY, and thank you for visiting our site. How may I assist you today?,
xxxxxx : what are the channels available in Sun Telugu Basic HD broadcaster bouquet, and what is the price?,
Tharuni: Thank you for associated with Tata Sky and giving us an opportunity to serve you.,
Tharuni: Be assured, I will help you with that information Mr. xxxxxx.,
Tharuni: No need to worry Sir.,
Tharuni: Sir, these changes are being made in order to comply with the "Telecommunication (Broadcasting and Cable) services Tariff Order 2017" issued by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) . The said order is applicable on all broadcasters (such as Star, Sony, Zee, etc) and distributors of content such as DTH operators, Cable operators and Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) wef from its Go-Live date of 1st Feb as of now ,
xxxxxx : ok,
Tharuni: It's been my pleasure assisting you today.,
Tharuni: Is there anything else I may assist you with?,
xxxxxx : what are the channels available in Sun Telugu Basic HD broadcaster bouquet and what is the price?,
Tharuni: I recommend that you visit www.tatasky.com or www.mytatasky.com to view all the broadcaster packs in detail. ,
xxxxxx : ok thanks. 1 question,
Tharuni: Okay.,
xxxxxx : In Tatasky website, the Sun Telugu Basic HD bouquet has deleted 1 channel (Gemini Music HD) from the original broadcaster bouquet, but did not reduce the corresponding price of that channel. Why?,
Tharuni: Just checking whether you are still with me.,
Tharuni: Distributors can charge subscribers a "Network Capacity Fee" (NCF) of Rs.130 pm taxes (i.e. Rs.153 pm incl. of taxes) for providing up to 100 SD FTA channels. For providing more than 100 SD FTA channels, the distributors can charge NCF of Rs.20 pm taxes (i.e. Rs.23 pm incl. of taxes) for every 25 additional SD FTA channels. ,
Tharuni: Sir, Network Capacity Fee" (NCF) of Rs. 130/- pm and all taxes together cost is Rs. 153/- per month.,
xxxxxx : That is not my question,
xxxxxx : In Tatasky website, the Sun Telugu Basic HD bouquet has deleted 1 channel (Gemini Music HD) from the original broadcaster bouquet, but did not reduce the corresponding price of that channel. Why?,
Tharuni: I will let you know.,
xxxxxx : ok,
Tharuni: The Sun Telugu package is designed from broadcaster end.,
Tharuni: The included channels are depended on broadcaster.,
xxxxxx : Yes. But Tata Sky removed 1 channel (Gemini Music HD) from it,
Tharuni: No Sir.,
Tharuni: The same is not possible Sir.,
xxxxxx : So, is Gemini Music HD a part of Sun Telugu Basic HD bouquet?,
Tharuni: The package has been designed by the broadcaster.,
Tharuni: We do not have the access to drop the channel from the package.,
xxxxxx : Worst Service ever. Thanks for not helping with the query and instead answering something which I have not asked.,

P.S: Sorry for using Bold font here. Had to do that to convey my frustration at those replies from Tatasky

What braindead.man.i am going to get rs 50 benefit monthly after implementation. So i am.supporting the rule. Those who watch only needed channels. That are useful. If they use some brain to select bouquets. Will surely get benefit. Why are you choosing tatasky recomended packs. If you value money please don,t go.for it.
In no way trai rule is profitable...which channels and bouquets you have selected?

This move is stupid, young people are already moving to Netflix and Prime since they can't stand ads and want to consume content at their convenience. Trai should've made sure Dth survives by making it even more affordable but now what? are they encouraging piracy? They don't think of old retired people who just want to watch some movies /serials?

Any Idea why showing Duplicate Packs as Not Selected Any Duplicate Channel ?(Selected Channels except DD)

My concern is, how can poor people benefit? U are already charging 153 as ncf. Thats what their budget is per month! So they have to pay atleast 100- 150 more to get paid regional content which amounts to 250 or 300.

My concern is, how can poor people benefit? U are already charging 153 as ncf. Thats what their budget is per month! So they have to pay atleast 100- 150 more to get paid regional content which amounts to 250 or 300.

Same was the case before. Also those who cannot afford chose Free Dish and will continue to do so.

So? Earlier whichever channels u were getting in Dhamaal Mix pack for Rs. 320 which included all basic channels, how much do u have to pay for it now? Just let me know in a proper manner
Currently I am subscribed to dhamal pack 220 n I am ahppy with I don't want dhamal mix pack channels if I just put reg channels then it goes to 240 nearly for just 5 to 6 channels

TRAI should also make a rule that no pay channels should air ads and ads are permitted only on FTA channels. These premium-looting pay channels have a win-win situation as they get revenue both from ads and subscribers. If this rule of banning ads on pay channels come into existence, every subscriber will be benefited.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock